Volcano!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was quite a bit of discussion about WSP's Volcano FO. This is the batch I made with it. I rarely use neons, but for some reason had the urge to use them this time in combination with micas. I also rarely can keep my hanger out of my drop swirls. I am happy I did both with this soap.
8.2022 Neon Volcano.jpg
Bonus picture, Black Raspberry Vanilla pull through.
BRV.jpg

So what does volcano smell like? I don't think I'd really like a soap that smelled like sulfur & metal, but one that smells like lava burning grass and wood as it flows over a field might be nice, since I like the smell of a campfire. But I wonder why Volcano scent is really a mix of fruity odors? It just seems like a misnomer to me.

But I LOVE the colorful drop swirls. Absolutely gorgeous!

So what does volcano smell like? I don't think I'd really like a soap that smelled like sulfur & metal, but one that smells like lava burning grass and wood as it flows over a field might be nice, since I like the smell of a campfire. But I wonder why Volcano scent is really a mix of fruity odors? It just seems like a misnomer to me.

But I LOVE the colorful drop swirls. Absolutely gorgeous!
Thank you earlene! It is a fruity scent - it's a dupe of the Capri Blue Volcano candle scent.

I was soaping with it this week and my husband, being the funny man that he is, came to the door with a spoon and a bowl asking "where are the Fruit Loops?" My house smells divine right now. Also tested Pink Gratefruit from WSP and I am in love.

PS- tried the challenge and I do have to say I have lost my soaping mojo.😭

Dibbles, your soap is gorgeous.

I do not know if California Candle Supply still carries it but he had or has a delicious Volcano-type fragrance that always held well in cp. From what I remember it also soaped well, I do not remember if Saponificarian ever tried it. It was a pretty good seller for me, especially in lotions.

Back