Vitamin in in Whipped Body Butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cactuslily

Reaction score
I want to make up a batch of whipped body butter. My question is what kind of vitamin E oil? Most bottles of oil also contain other ingredients, and the strength varies. I think I remember someone posting not so long ago that Vitamin E capsules also contain other ingredients. What would you all suggest using? Is there another option for substitution?

Thank you Shunt2011, I couldn't find info anywhere. In the end I left it out for this batch. My butter got really hard. Did I freeze too long? Or is it the ingredients combined?

It totally depends on your recipe. It's taken me a couple years to get it to where I like it. Soft but still solid if that makes sense. I've gone to using 72-75% Butter and the rest CO and some liquid Oils, vitamin e and IPM.

I don't put mine in the fridge. I just put it in the sink in an ice water bath and keep whipping it until it's fluffy. I just made 48 oz of body butter this weekend.

I make mine with over 50% butters, rest CO, SAO and glycerine. I add both IPM (which I learnt from Shunt, so thank you Shunt!) and corn starch. I melt my butters and CO, mix in the rest in and put it in the fridge with a spatula in the bowl. I go in after 30 min and scrape the bowl to get everything mixed and start whipping. It's ok if the middle is still fluid, it would work out fine. The finished product weighs 5 oz when filled in an 8 oz jar but feels pretty light and absorbs super fast.
Glycerine is a personal choice, without that humectant action my skin dries out still in the winter. I use 20% of it.

Latest posts

Back