Vitamin E oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennyannlowe

Reaction score
Has anyone used this in cold process? Found it in Walgreens on sale. Figured worth a try. And how much PPO?

1457465995859.jpg

It looks like it's mainly safflower oil with some vitamin E mixed it. I'm not sure about the ratio of 56000 international units would be...

If you added that to your soap, you'd mainly be superfatting with safflower oil.

I didn't pay much for it and that should have been my first clue! Oh...I want to try some tussah silk. Can someone recommend a cheap source ? Good quality?

Based on the DOS/rancidity tests conducted by Dr. Kevin Dunn and recorded in his book 'Scientific Soapmaking', vitamin E is pretty much useless in soap (it showed no prophylactic effect in his tests). If you wish to use something to stave off DOS/rancidity, the most effective things to use are either Tetrasodium EDTA or ROE, or a combination of BHT with sodium citrate.

IrishLass :)

Based on the DOS/rancidity tests conducted by Dr. Kevin Dunn and recorded in his book 'Scientific Soapmaking', vitamin E is pretty much useless in soap (it showed no prophylactic effect in his tests). If you wish to use something to stave off DOS/rancidity, the most effective things to use are either Tetrasodium EDTA or ROE, or a combination of BHT with sodium citrate.

Yes and ROE + EDTA is good too.

Latest posts

Back