virgin coconut oil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

campbellsoap

Reaction score
How different is the virgin coconut oil and the coconut oil from walmart in making soap. I was in the health food store and saw it. I saw several items I could use. They had several essential oils.

Also what does Walnut oil do?

THey had large box of soap you cut what you want and my it by weight. The soaps didn't have much of a smell.

Thanks in Advance,

jackie

campbellsoap said:
How different is the virgin coconut oil and the coconut oil from walmart in making soap. I was in the health food store and saw it. I saw several items I could use. They had several essential oils.

Also what does Walnut oil do?

THey had large box of soap you cut what you want and my it by weight. The soaps didn't have much of a smell.

Thanks in Advance,

jackie

Walnut oil is very high in linoleic acid so it will bring alot of conditioning properties to your soap.

VCO is better used in applications such as lotions, butters etc. Save the walmart coconut oil for soaping. VCO is much more expensive than walmarts coconut oil or the 92 or 76 degree coconut oil. The 76 and 92 refer to melting points.

Latest posts

Back