Violet Woods

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I have to share a soap I made last week. Does anyone remember this gum/mints? I loved them as a teen and still do although it’s hard to find in stores. I did find them on Amazon. I bought the FO from Candles and Supplies. ( Violet Woods) They are in PA and only an hour and a half from me. It moved fast so the design turned out to be a plop it in the mold, but OMG my whole house smells like it. I’m in love. Who remembers CHowards?
A6499022-1E56-4E8C-B94B-19F78919B464.jpeg
00CFA626-F6F8-486C-AB8F-440B260A4629.jpeg

So I have to share a soap I made last week. Does anyone remember this gum/mints? I loved them as a teen and still do although it’s hard to find in stores. I did find them on Amazon. I bought the FO from Candles and Supplies. ( Violet Woods) They are in PA and only an hour and a half from me. It moved fast so the design turned out to be a plop it in the mold, but OMG my whole house smells like it. I’m in love. Who remembers CHowards?
That soap is AWESOME! Great colors and design and no sign of a panic plop. I have never heard of Chowards but love these regional differences. My favorite candy bars are Twin Bings but they weren't available when we lived in Chicago. I can get them here now.
EDITED to put focus back on original post. Gore-juss!

Last edited:
That soap is AWESOME! Great colors and design and no sign of a panic plop. I have never heard of Chowards but love these regional differences. My favorite candy bars are Twin Bings but they weren't available when we lived in Chicago. I can get them here now.

My good Hawai'ian bud placed an order for 30 of my hot cocoa/peppermint stick soaps for next Christmas! I still wonder what happened to January and here he is planning ahead! I don't sell individual bars to friends, but will charge if they want a batch to give away. He thinks $5/bar is way too cheap.
View attachment 65135
Thank you @Zing! Those bars are very cool and I think $5 is too cheap too! Congratulation! This is how it starts! How much do your bars weigh?

View attachment 65132View attachment 65133
Love it!!! Beautiful soap. They sell that at World Market

Oh my gosh! I forgot those mints even existed! I used to get them at a little drug store in the French Market (New Orleans) and loved them!!

*slaps forehead
Doh. So sorry @Jersey Girl! Just now I realized I hijacked your thread in post #2- I thought I was in the Soapy Day thread.... Let me see what I can edit out.
Again, real stunning work there!

No you didn’t. No worries. I should have put this in the gallery thread. Looks like an admin did that for me. My fault! I’ve been away too long!

LOL @ panic plop.

The term is hilarious and is a perfect way to describe it. Like "get in the mold, GET IN THE MOLD!"

Back