VineVida essential oils?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jibbian

Reaction score
I wonder if any of y'all have experience with VineVida essential oils? Their prices seem very fair and geared for small crafters and small businesses, but I'm wondering about their quality and safety. It looks like they have an in-house lab that does their testing; is this typical or a red flag?

If you're looking for quality, safety, pricing, large inventory, good customer service, sometimes FREE shipping, you may want to compare them to Sun Pure Botanicals where I buy my essential oils.
I'm really bummed--I ordered a bunch of essentail oils from Sun Pure Botanicals on eBay and after 2 weeks they hadn't shipped, and I never got a reason. I asked for a refund and received it, but I don't really want to order from them again.

Oh, I am SO sorry to hear that!!! That isn't like them AT ALL! They must be understaffed or something to do with COVID. I'll see if I can reach Leslie, one of the owners, to see what she has to say. Can't do it tomorrow, though. I'll put a reminder on my calendar for Wednesday. :)

I thought I might just send her a message and see if we can try again. After 2 weeks the tracking info still said the label had been created but it hadn’t been received by PO yet.

I had a similar experience with Sun Pure Botanicals. Very poor communication from them and it took over six weeks to get my order, after numerous emails - many of which went unanswered. My card was charged the day after the order was placed by the way. The oils may be good, but after hearing your experience I'm not likely to consider them as a vendor again. If I ever do, however, and have a positive experience I will certainly post that.

I wonder if any of y'all have experience with VineVida essential oils? Their prices seem very fair and geared for small crafters and small businesses, but I'm wondering about their quality and safety. It looks like they have an in-house lab that does their testing; is this typical or a red flag?
I have no experience with this company. If you decide to go ahead and try ordering from them, please let us know your thoughts. I don't think having their own lab is necessarily a red flag.

I had a similar experience with Sun Pure Botanicals. Very poor communication from them and it took over six weeks to get my order, after numerous emails - many of which went unanswered. My card was charged the day after the order was placed by the way. The oils may be good, but after hearing your experience I'm not likely to consider them as a vendor again. If I ever do, however, and have a positive experience I will certainly post that.
Ugh, I don't like to hear that. I was hoping mine was a one time blip, but doesn't sound like it.

Ugh, I don't like to hear that. I was hoping mine was a one time blip, but doesn't sound like it.
I was hoping it was a one time thing with me too. I haven't tried ordering from SPB again, but I do know that in the past a couple of people here have had a good experience. I will say the EOs I bought from them were nice.

I'll see if I can reach Leslie, one of the owners, to see what she has to say. Can't do it tomorrow, though. I'll put a reminder on my calendar for Wednesday. :)
My apologies. I was unable to call Leslie on Wednesday due to a minor emergency that didn't get resolved for a few days. Don't ask! :rolleyes: But I can guess what is happening due to a discussion on another thread about delays in shipping from various vendors, including Amazon. I had it happen also. I was tracking a package sent USPS and it sat in a hub in NV for 3-4 days before they could get around to sending it out. SPB is in NM.

I think that's happening a lot. Call it "the new normal" with so many people ordering everything online these days. Shipping is bound to get back logged. The lack of communication on Leslie's part is likely due to not knowing when their shipments will be picked up. She usually ships USPS Flat Rate 2-day Priority -- which, from my own recent experience takes 6 days!

If you're looking for quality, safety, pricing, large inventory, good customer service, sometimes FREE shipping, you may want to compare them to Sun Pure Botanicals where I buy my essential oils.
I recently bought some oils from SPB and did have trouble with a delay, but they responded right away when I asked for an update. However, the litsea and bergamot I bought smelled like... nothing. They had a faint spicy smell but nothing like bergamot or litsea I have bought from other suppliers. I returned them. The other oils I bought seem ok but I feel a little wary.

No, I don’t have Covid.

My apologies. I was unable to call Leslie on Wednesday due to a minor emergency that didn't get resolved for a few days. Don't ask! :rolleyes: But I can guess what is happening due to a discussion on another thread about delays in shipping from various vendors, including Amazon. I had it happen also. I was tracking a package sent USPS and it sat in a hub in NV for 3-4 days before they could get around to sending it out. SPB is in NM.

I think that's happening a lot. Call it "the new normal" with so many people ordering everything online these days. Shipping is bound to get back logged. The lack of communication on Leslie's part is likely due to not knowing when their shipments will be picked up. She usually ships USPS Flat Rate 2-day Priority -- which, from my own recent experience takes 6 days!
I totally understand shipping delays. But my package sat for 2 weeks without even showing as received at the post office. I live 6 hours away from Albuquerque. Leslie ended up refunding my money, and then the package showed up 2 days later. It was just a bummer situation all around.

I did tell her that if she hadn't already shipped it, I wanted a refund. She went ahead and refunded me anyway, even though she HAD shipped. I contacted her immediately when the package showed up and had her send me an invoice. I think I will give her another chance when it's time to buy more oils. She was very gracious.

Unfortunately I am having the same issue with my 2nd order from Sun Pure. I decided to give them a 2nd chance, and now 2 weeks later I still have not received my package and tracking shows it in pre-shipment. :(

I never had any problems with SPB and have ordered more than once from them.
I'm curious, how recently have you ordered from SPB? It seems that the issues I had a year ago are ongoing, and it evidently wasn't a one time, weird thing that happened. I do hope they can straighten things out, but for now I remain wary and unlikely to order from them again.

Latest posts

Back