Vin-TAGE!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Wifey and I do a major purge every January. I've inherited various antiques from relatives. Here are 2 items we're de-stashing. Thought it would be of interest to this Forum. Soooo skirred to open the jar full of castor oil. And remember, it's cheaper to buy good soap than new clothes!

Attachments

• IMG-0148.jpg
    IMG-0148.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG-0149.jpg
    IMG-0149.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 0
That is really cool! I think you should open the castor oil and pour a little in a glass--let's see what it looks like!

It reminds me of the old Bag Balm with teat applicators that was in my great grandfather's barn. Not sure if I still have it floating around somewhere! Ah, the things you keep for nostalgia!

I love vintage stuff. I used to have an old pharmacy bottle collection that I lost in one of my moves. My friend owns an antique shop and she used to call me every time something came in.

A little off-topic, I had a patient one time and I asked her if she was allergic to anything. Her response was mercrochrome. Geeze that brought back old memories of searing pain on a cut, that you later proudly walked around with red stuff on your wound, or iodine... But this old lady was firm "Do not use mercrochrome on me!!"... ok, I won't LOL.

I had an old bottle that still had a label attached for "cough medicine" and it contained alcohol and cocaine LOL. I might still have a picture of that bottle. But yeah, I guess that might cure your cough LOL.

I have an old medical book that I should post some excerpts from. It is truly hilarious to read. i picked it up at a yard sale for 50 cents.

I love vintage stuff. I used to have an old pharmacy bottle collection that I lost in one of my moves. My friend owns an antique shop and she used to call me every time something came in.

A little off-topic, I had a patient one time and I asked her if she was allergic to anything. Her response was mercrochrome. Geeze that brought back old memories of searing pain on a cut, that you later proudly walked around with red stuff on your wound, or iodine... But this old lady was firm "Do not use mercrochrome on me!!"... ok, I won't LOL.

I had an old bottle that still had a label attached for "cough medicine" and it contained alcohol and cocaine LOL. I might still have a picture of that bottle. But yeah, I guess that might cure your cough LOL.

I have an old medical book that I should post some excerpts from. It is truly hilarious to read. i picked it up at a yard sale for 50 cents.
OMG I am freaking out right now! Waves of memories washing over me. Growing up, we pronounced it merkew-o-chrome!! Every time someone had a cut, my parents would scream "GET THE MERCUOCHROME!" I had a cousin who would faint at the sight of blood,, also whenever she heard the word blood, AND at the sight of mercuochrome.

Back