Quantcast

Viewing embedded images

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

Jeboz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a problem when I click to expand images. If there is only one I get a black screen with the image name at the bottom of the screen. If there are 2 images one will open for me but one will stay black. If there are 4 images then image 2 and 4 will not open. I’m using my iPad if that might be the issue.
The image shows the black screen I get. Scrolling or pulling the screen doesn’t help.
Very strange!36A3183F-7A32-4C32-B87E-81A88982568F.png

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Can you give me a link to a thread that is happening in so I can take a look at the images to see what may be happening. Also, it will help me if I need to call in the head tech.

violets2217

Reaction score
I have a problem when I click to expand images. If there is only one I get a black screen with the image name at the bottom of the screen. If there are 2 images one will open for me but one will stay black. If there are 4 images then image 2 and 4 will not open. I’m using my iPad if that might be the issue.
The image shows the black screen I get. Scrolling or pulling the screen doesn’t help.
Very strange!View attachment 50910
That’s been happening to me as well! Any photo I look at! I thought it was just my phone. Sometimes only half of the first photo will load! But the second one loads just fine! Weird!

Jeboz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Angie
I had a long reply with examples showing what was happening. I’ve found that the issue will fix itself if I go in and out of the thread.
the first visit to Homemade vanilla stabiliser #45 wouldn’t let me see the first and third image. I wrote a reply and went back in to check I had the right number and take a screenshot and the only image that wouldn’t show was the 4th one. I went back out to this thread again (had 2 tabs open). I went back into the stabilis thread again and all 4 images were viewable.
This problem has been happening for around a month. Hopefully it has resolved itself.
Usually happens when you get someone to help and then you look stupid :smallshrug:
Thanks for your help.

Jeboz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, yes, that opens the image. I also see that if you use the maximise (Or expand) button at the top of the screen all images become viewable.

AliOop

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Never happens on my computer, but I get that a lot on my phone (don't have a tablet). It's almost every thread for me.

Usually if I rotate the view by turning my phone from portrait to landscape and then back again, it eventually opens up.

Last edited:

Angie

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Are all of these iphones or all via the same carrier?