Very soft soap (between liquid and bar)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desiredcreations

Reaction score
I made a batch of cream and turmeric CP - hated it. Color was okay, but the texture, eh. It didn't lather well. I just didn't like it, so I decided to try my first rebatch. Instead of grating (my wrists aren't up to that challenge, I cleaved the soap into small pieces and put it on the stove on the lowest possible heat setting. I added corn syrup, water, eucalyptus oil and some liquid soap, stick blended and poured back into a mold. It got harder but has now remained the consistency of Play Dough for about a week. I can hold the soap, but easily push my thumb into it and shaped it into many different forms.
The thing is, that soft consistency is just fine by me. I really like it. :) It lathers nicely. It's like having play dough that I can wash with. It's been used to clean my hands and wash the dishes.
Question. Am I overlooking, underestimating or overestimating this very soft soap?

20220819_014649.jpg

Some people use dual lye recipes to make softer soaps like this, whether for shave soap, whipping into body scrubs, etc. You sort of skipped the dual lye part by adding finished liquid soap instead.

I was wondering if you used LS that you made yourself? If you like it, no reason you can’t keep making it that way. :)

Some people use dual lye recipes to make softer soaps like this, whether for shave soap, whipping into body scrubs, etc. You sort of skipped the dual lye part by adding finished liquid soap instead.

I was wondering if you used LS that you made yourself? If you like it, no reason you can’t keep making it that way. :)
Thanks for your response. I didn't know both types can be effectively combined. The LS I added was just old commercial stuff I've had for a really long time. It's funny; the brand is "Softsoap". :) I haven't been able to use it full strength because my skin overreacts to the detergents. I kept it around for guest use. (Hate to throw away anything these days.) Making the commercial stuff into an additive by diluting it into other soaps, I can finally use it up! A win win!

Back