Very slow moving recipe please...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fragrance preferences are SO personal....I seem to be surrounded by people who like food scents in their candles/air fresheners and soaps (cinnamon latte, pumpkin spice, cinnamon bun, blueberry muffin, cupcake, cotton candy, etc etc). I find all of that insanely cloying, but love crisp fresh fruits and florals. That being said, I think familiarity is breeding tolerance for me....I recently bought Ginger EO from 3 different companies online to test them. Two were very good and I didn't like the 3rd at all. Yesterday when I made the shampoo bars, I used Orange-Ginger FO, but bumped it up with Cedarwood, Orange 5-Fold and Patchouli EOs and decided to throw in my 3rd-place Ginger EO. I immediately regretted it, as all I could smell was that soil-like Ginger, but by evening I had come to terms with it and this morning, I actually sought out the bars for their dirt-Ginger smell! Now, if others don't agree with me, well, I've got a LOT of shampoo bars to get through...

Iv been searching for a decent shampoo bar recipe that i dont need to buy any oils for. Iv just been using m&p shampoo base. Any chance you could please inbox me the recipe you use would prefer to try one that someone has already tried. Thanks :)Would be strictly only for personal use and for family to try because all are keen to reduce plastic wastage

I used this one because it had pretty good reviews/comments: https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/cold-process-soap/invigorating-shampoo-bars/

Haven't tried it yet, so can't tell you how well it works....I was SUPPOSED to make it with lavender and mint but then realised out that the FO I had chosen to go with the EOs accelerates, so switched over to orange-ginger. I probably should have kept the TTO for therapeutic benefits, but I clean the house with TTO and don't want my hair to remind me of my washing buckets :)

So, I can't personally recommend it yet, but there are a lot of positive reviews! Let me know if you do go for it...and what you do for fragrance!

I used this one because it had pretty good reviews/comments: https://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/cold-process-soap/invigorating-shampoo-bars/

Haven't tried it yet, so can't tell you how well it works....I was SUPPOSED to make it with lavender and mint but then realised out that the FO I had chosen to go with the EOs accelerates, so switched over to orange-ginger. I probably should have kept the TTO for therapeutic benefits, but I clean the house with TTO and don't want my hair to remind me of my washing buckets :)

So, I can't personally recommend it yet, but there are a lot of positive reviews! Let me know if you do go for it...and what you do for fragrance!

Thank you much appriciated. I think ill try it this or next week sometime i have all the oils too which is always a bonus. I find it really annoying when they dont use % as well makes my life more difficilt to figure out the %s from just numbers. Ill use the forum calc or sm3 think its pretty easy on either of them

Back