Very proud Mama...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
..of my new soap baby. This one I had to wait 4 days to cut because of a lye discount that I wasn't expecting (ie ran out of lye).

It's so cute - love the colours. I notice that the bottom few slices have some air bubbles in them. That's coz i didn't think to start banging the mould until it was nearly half full.. That'll learn me!
IMG_0998.jpg
IMG_0999.jpg
IMG_1001.jpg

That strainer made very interesting patterns.. Means different cuts should also get different results. Very cool.. I really love those colors too.

..of my new soap baby. This one I had to wait 4 days to cut because of a lye discount that I wasn't expecting (ie ran out of lye).

It's so cute - love the colours. I notice that the bottom few slices have some air bubbles in them. That's coz i didn't think to start banging the mould until it was nearly half full.. That'll learn me!
View attachment 38875 View attachment 38876 View attachment 38877
Looks really great! Did you wrap the inside of the mould with a wood grain look mat?

@KiwiMoose did you pull the strainer through or pour through? I've been curious how soap would look poured through the strainer. I wanted to do that for the April Challenge, but ran out of time to try it before the challenge started. (I didn't think it was fair to run a challenge on a technique that I haven't tried myself...) I think your soap turned out amazing! I can never get the silicone liner and the soap to pull out of the tube together, so I'm giving you a standing ovation for an all around well done job!

I wonder if you cut away all the blue and put a string thru two holes in the bottom--would it fit into your mold then? or even put the strings at the top across from each other

@KiwiMoose did you pull the strainer through or pour through? I've been curious how soap would look poured through the strainer. I wanted to do that for the April Challenge, but ran out of time to try it before the challenge started. (I didn't think it was fair to run a challenge on a technique that I haven't tried myself...) I think your soap turned out amazing! I can never get the silicone liner and the soap to pull out of the tube together, so I'm giving you a standing ovation for an all around well done job!
*Takes a bow*
Thanks AMD - I cut the strainer right down with the intention of pulling it through but it was never going to be small enough, so i just sat it on top and poured the soap in. Because of the little 'pulley knob' on the strainer it kinda worked like a column pour.
I've never had a problem getting the mat out of the pipe - it seems less daunting to me that lining the pipe with paper and pouring that way.

Latest posts

Back