Very newbie in Southern CA!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Discovery Gardens

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thanks for the add here! I'm Deborah and I'm brand new to soap. The SMF has become one of my favorite resources to come to ~ just to learn more about CP soap. Theres SO much GOOOOOD info here and all of you seem so friendly!!

I've only made 2 batches of MP soap and have yet to make my first CP batch. I've spent hours and hours online reading and watching other soapers make amazing looking CP soap! I've purchased some supplies and am almost ready to get out of my head and into my kitchen to make CP soap. I've been scared to start, but am almost ~ almost ready. :)

I think it's safe to say that I've been bitten by the bug ~ I'll be bona fide addicted after I make my first CP batch!

Welcome, there is a TON of great information on here, good sticky threads too.
Sometimes the search is not the best but if you google the question this site usually pops up with in the 1st page

Welcome!
And I agree with Lin19678. When i want to know something i google it but make sure the words “soap” and “forum” are in the search and you will end up with quite a few threads about whatever your are wondering.

Welcome. Have you watched the Soap Queen and Soaping101 YouTube tutorials? They are great for beginners.

Welcome, Deborah!

The best way to search on the forum is to go to our advanced search feature which you can gain access to through the regular search function. The advanced search let's you set more specific parameters to better pinpoint your search. When you click on the magnifying glass on the upper right side of the forum, the following appears:
upload_2018-6-24_10-30-25.png
Just click on 'More', which I've circled in red^^^. This will bring you to the advanced search page, which looks like this, where you can set your specific search parameters:

upload_2018-6-24_10-35-37.png

If you still can't find what you're looking for by using the advanced search, the best way to search on Google is as follows:

First, type the subject you are trying to find, then type the following: site:soapmakingforum.com

For example: hanger swirl site:soapmakingforum.com

IrishLass :)

Welcome, Deborah!

The best way to search on the forum is to go to our advanced search feature which you can gain access to through the regular search function. The advanced search let's you set more specific parameters to better pinpoint your search. When you click on the magnifying glass on the upper right side of the forum, the following appears:
View attachment 30853
Just click on 'More', which I've circled in red^^^. This will bring you to the advanced search page, which looks like this, where you can set your specific search parameters:

View attachment 30854

If you still can't find what you're looking for by using the advanced search, the best way to search on Google is as follows:

First, type the subject you are trying to find, then type the following: site:soapmakingforum.com

For example: hanger swirl site:soapmakingforum.com

IrishLass :)

Back