Very Newbee!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarbaraH

Reaction score
Hello! I'm in Savannah Ga. I have only made 2 batches of CP soap. Disaster on the 2nd batch (lye heavy). I now realize how important a scale is (bought one, BTW!). Overwhelmed with all the sites online--but this one looks so informative and user friendly! Thanks for having me!

Hello and welcome! Yes, a accurate scale is really important. You made a great decision joining us. We have a lot of amazing members who have a whole lot of knowledge to share. I highly recommend reading at least the last 10 pages in the beginners section. You will find a lot of answers to questions you may have. If you don't find the answer, feel free to post your questions.

animated-welcome-image-0291.gif

Welcome, BarabaH. I really love the state of Georgia and Savannah is such a fun place to visit. I remember my granddaughter eating aligator in a restaurant there and then saying, 'Don't tell my parents', but she eventually did. I'm not sure why she even said that, but it was funny that she thought they shouldn't know.

Thanks All for the Welcome. Yes--Savannah is beautiful but HOT, HOT, HOT. And did I say HOT? It's also hurricane season, need I say more. But, alas, it is what you make it and I'm proud to live in such a historical location (for the past 25 years). My concern with soap making is the humidity and salty air. I'm sure that has an effect on curing? That's my excuse I use when it doesn't turn out as planned! Oh my--I have so much to learn--but its so fun and ya'll are so helpful! And yes, I have met Paula and fam (Deen)!

The humidity can be a problem. I recommend a dehumidifier. Also, your water softeners may pose a problem - you may want to use only distilled water. As for salty air - I'm not sure there. I have a thought that it might contribute to soda ash, but not sure on that one.

Latest posts

Back