Very happy with swirl

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
x

great job!!! i LOVE it! just bought some powdered activated charcoal capsules at the healthfood store and i'm just dying to try it out! since it is a very fine poder, i thought i'd mix it with a little olive oil so it would blend in easier.

did you swirl in the pot or in the mold? it really looks pretty!

Thanks again, guys!

heartsong, I swirled in the mold as per the tutorial link you'll find a few posts up. I wasn't quite skilled enough to do it as prettily as in the tutorial (my zigzags were blob zags), but the end result was OK.

Post pics when you make your soap!

I have another question about your swirls....do you just drag the chopstick through or do you lift it up and down while you drag it through the soap?

I just dragged it through, with the tip of the chopstick touching the bottom the entire way. It's a slab mold (ha! a shoebox cover!), and so it's not hard to reach the bottom. I don't know if the tutorial was meant for a loaf or a slab - it seems kind of funny to do so many layers on a slab, but whatever. It worked!

Latest posts

Back