Very first pure olive oil Castile soap questions.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, mice can and do nibble on soap. As do dogs, young children (my friends' grandson Will has to be supervised with my soap), and weird adult guys (no, no one I personally know -- just stories I've heard). Haven't you ever licked your soap? A lot of it tastes fairly bland and unoffensive. If people eat library paste and other odd things, why not soap? :)

Whoa!
I'd not been on for a couple weeks! WOW, I had no clue that mice would eat soap either. Fortunately, my two cats do keep any and all bug or critter OUT of my home. They have true cat radar too. But I do know mice DO eat full tubes of pigment paint, since I found some serious little colorful mouse droppings everywhere in the art shed...pink, purple, brown, yellow and red, they did not eat the black paint, etc. Actually, I liked the pink ones best...:p True story!
My EVOO Castile soap is beautiful. Very slow to cure. I am figuring next April 2015 I'll get to try a bar. Such a long wait. I've not considered a dehydrator either. I guess I will just continue to be.....patient.:yawn:

Latest posts

Back