Veggie or vegan friendly soap ideas

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing thank you I’m going to try this one too. About the faux sea water....can you use actual sea water? I’m fortunate enough to live on the coast
Yes. Unfortunately, I don't live near either coast so I've not tried it. Many members, like @KiwiMoose above have used the real thing.

One good thing about living in New Zealand is that you’re never further than a 90 minute drive to the coast. Only 40 minutes from my town :)
How wonderful! Especially compared to dry, dry, dry Colorado... smack dab in the middle of the country... at least a 3-day drive to the west coast, longer to the east coast, and maybe 2-3 days heading due south to the Sea of Cortez off the east coast Mexico. I think I need to hop on my broom one of these days, load up my caldron, and set my GPS for NZ! 😄

How wonderful! Especially compared to dry, dry, dry Colorado... smack dab in the middle of the country... at least a 3-day drive to the west coast, longer to the east coast, and maybe 2-3 days heading due south to the Sea of Cortez off the east coast Mexico. I think I need to hop on my broom one of these days, load up my caldron, and set my GPS for NZ! 😄
Colorado has its own beauty though I bet

But couldn't this be said for most of the ground seed oils such as rice bran, sunflower, safflower, grapeseed, rapeseed etc unless you are prepared to pay so much more for cold pressed and organic? As long as the soy wax is passed for cosmetic use it is a safe and cost effective vegan product.

Yes, this can definitely be said of many oils. We do pay more for cold pressed, unrefined, and organic, for the most part. It's really up to us as individuals to decide what's 'safe' to use. Soy wax is certainly considered perfectly safe by most. But we cater to, and are ourselves in, a very specific market.

Back