Veggie meat

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dawni

Reaction score
Yknow how people have been making veggies to look n taste like meat? Tempeh like minced beef and jackfruit like pulled pork?

Well I managed to make this. Ironic. It's vegan, but it looks like a steak cut lol
IMG_20190806_114459.jpg

This is one soap that I'm hoping fades to a lighter pink. Upon hindsight I shouldn't have added the lighter color. Would have made a very pretty dark pink soap. Oh well.

It's a triple butter soap, with cocoa, shea and mango butters making up 40% of the recipe. Rest was avocado at 25%, coconut at 18%, canola at 10% and castor at 7%. Colored with madder root.

I had roots, ground em up some but got lazy and infused the little powder and more roots in coconut oil. It came to about 80% of the amount I needed for my recipe. I wish I remembered to take a pic of that.

I also dropped some roots and let em soak in my lye water til it wasn't hot anymore. Check it out.
IMG_20190806_120202.jpg

Scented with geranium, lavender, a lil bit each of patchouli, cypress and lemon, and even less spearmint. All in all I like the soap. Just makes me laugh lol

Probably my most expensive soap to date too.

That got long lol thanks for reading!

Regardless of how you feel it looks - it sounds like a lovely soap and I bet it smells divine.
It will be. Haha.. I've made this before, just adjusted the two butters and added mango. That combo with avocado is great. And yes, I kinda think it does smell lovely. Thank you :)

Doesn't madder tend to fade a bit as it cures?
Yep. But not too fast if I remember correctly.

Yknow how people have been making veggies to look n taste like meat? Tempeh like minced beef and jackfruit like pulled pork?

Well I managed to make this. Ironic. It's vegan, but it looks like a steak cut lol
View attachment 40760
This is one soap that I'm hoping fades to a lighter pink. Upon hindsight I shouldn't have added the lighter color. Would have made a very pretty dark pink soap. Oh well.

It's a triple butter soap, with cocoa, shea and mango butters making up 40% of the recipe. Rest was avocado at 25%, coconut at 18%, canola at 10% and castor at 7%. Colored with madder root.

I had roots, ground em up some but got lazy and infused the little powder and more roots in coconut oil. It came to about 80% of the amount I needed for my recipe. I wish I remembered to take a pic of that.

I also dropped some roots and let em soak in my lye water til it wasn't hot anymore. Check it out.
View attachment 40761
Scented with geranium, lavender, a lil bit each of patchouli, cypress and lemon, and even less spearmint. All in all I like the soap. Just makes me laugh lol

Probably my most expensive soap to date too.

That got long lol thanks for reading!
I made the exact reverse of this soap a few weeks ago. More of the light pink and less of the dark. I added TD to lighten the dark batter and it produced a weird textured soap. It’s hiding until I decide to toss it. Your soap looks enough like steak to be fun. Mine is just weird.

I made the exact reverse of this soap a few weeks ago. More of the light pink and less of the dark. I added TD to lighten the dark batter and it produced a weird textured soap. It’s hiding until I decide to toss it. Your soap looks enough like steak to be fun. Mine is just weird.
I'm sure yours isn't so bad.. And there's always rebatching, even if it doesn't look good since you know it's rebatch haha. My fugly soaps are demoted to the kitchen (I'm lazy to rebatch) or they're kept for my own use n no one else's lol

We here at home got a good laugh with this one indeed. My son even said to keep thin slices in the fridge to prank the cousins when they come over lols

Latest posts

Back