Vegetarians "What's for dinner?"

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
I never use recipes for anything, I just invent food as I go along. This is what I made last night.:

Saute 1/2 onion & yellow squash in olive oil, add 1 handfull of cooked black beans, 1 handfull of kernal corn & 1 handful of veggie crumbles.

Spoon mixture into small corn tortillas & fold in 1/2.

Lay filled tortillas in a skillet, cover w/ enchillad suace, cover w/ a lid & simmer 10 minutes, sprinkle w/ cheese.

Top w/ diced tomatoes & avocado

Everything I cook takes under 20 minutes & uses only 1 pot or skillet.... does that make me lazy?

It was yummy! My husband babbled something about opening a resaurant.

WOW!! You live in TX and you are a vegetarian? Bet that doesn't go over well with the BEEF EATERS!!! Good for you!

I try not to eat flesh myself, but it is difficult with so many hunters around me.

They don't know what to think. I went through my daughters school cafeteria line last year & I said "I will take everything except the hot dog" she said "why don't you want the hotdog" I replied "I don't eat meat", "what do you mean?" she asked? "I don't eat dead cows", "it's not a dead cow, it's a dead pig.!" she exclaimed! " I don't eat dead pigs either" I replied. "What about dead goats?" "Nope" "Dead Chicken?" "Nope, I don't eat a dead anything" "Well if that don't beat all she said!"

In Dallas it was no big deal, but we have been in this smallish town 1 1/2 years & we are a real novelty for them-LOL!

Once we ordered pasta marinara here & they brought it w/ meat sauce, I said "I am sorry, I don't mean to bother you, but I can't eat this it's got meat on it" "not really it doesn't" the waitress said, I asked "what is that (pointing to the chunks of beef) ?", "It's meat sauce, it's *just* hamburger crumbles, it's not real meat like *meat* balls or anything... duh!"

Oh that is too funny! It's not meat!!!! I get that a lot too, my in-laws eat lots of flesh, so my mother in-law asks if I want a salad all the time. I tried to tell her that I eat more than salad, but she never listens. I try to bring my own food when we go to their house :roll:

Latest posts

Back