Vegetarian or carnivore?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are your food habits?

• Total voters

Tabitha

Reaction score
Since tangled panda mentioned she was a veggie head I thought I would ask if anyone else was.

My husband & I are vegetarian, my 9 y/o daughter claims to be also & does very well but gives in to temptation once in a while, she asked once did hot dogs really count?-LOL! We always offer her meat since she is a growning kid but she rarely eats any. My 5 y/o is a carnivore big-time. When we go out for breakfast he orders bacon with a side of sausage. Poor thing, he was watching a commercial last night & said "Wow, it's a grilled cheese sandwich with a steak AND bacon inside!" It was a bacon cheese burger. Since we don't eat that way at home he discovers theses things & gets VERY excited & just *must* go try it out right away, so we do!

I was a strict vegetarian when I lived in California. I joined the Air Force, and was pretty much forced to eat what they gave me, which included "flesh" I rarely eat meat, but I live in a terribly deer infested state so there are many hunters that are friends. So they are always giving us venison to eat. My boys love red meat and so does the hubby. None of them will eat a veggie to save their own lives, so they look at me like I have 3 heads when I suggest anything healthy.

I'm a wanna be.

I really don't eat much meat. When I do it's usually beef or chicken. I just can't give it up 100% yet. Someday though.

I could never be vegan though. I love cheese waaaaay too mcuh.

Well, If I would have been a Vegan, I probably would not be facing colon surgery shortly! My dad died from colon cancer at age 65, 1-1/2 years ago, and that's why I went in for a check-up. Good thing. Red meat, which I love, :cry: can and I do believe, is at least a partial cause of cancers especially in the colon. :cry: You know what they say: "Hindsight is 20/20." Or, "If I had it all to do over again.." Right, alas. :oops: :cry:

Paul.... :wink:

(((Hugs))) Paul!..
You'll never know if it was caused by eating meat or if it's simply 'fate', in your genetics, who knows!.. Don't beat yourself up over this!
I'm thinking of you and seriously pray for you to have a good outcome!!!

Back to the OT; I used to be an almost vegetarian. Very rarely would I eat meat. (To this day I cannot envision the animal behind the meat on my plate; I'd get sick to my stomach and immediately not eat meat!)
When I met Hubby, I got more and more sucked into eating meat and now I have to admit that I really enjoy a nice piece of steak; even almost rare! :shock: :oops:
Besides that we do live fairly healthy and are both quite involved in fitness, so chicken breasts are pretty much a staple in the house..

I wanna change my vote!!!! I just found out that my favorite Chinese food restaurant was closed cuz the health dept came in and inspected and found cats hangin in the freezer!!! Dang it tastes like chicken!!!!!

I will only eat veggies from now on!!!!!

dragonfly princess said:
I wanna change my vote!!!! I just found out that my favorite Chinese food restaurant was closed cuz the health dept came in and inspected and found cats hangin in the freezer!!! Dang it tastes like chicken!!!!!

I will only eat veggies from now on!!!!!

You have got to be joking, right Dragon? God, if that is true, we eat Springfield style Cashew Chicken all the time! It is at a drive through place too. What is behind those little pull up windows, a few hundred cats hanging in the cooler! Gross! And just think, your avatar is a kitty duking it out with a Chinese Restaurant owner, trying to save his little life! :lol: :lol: Just kidding of course! Does give time to think! :? :idea:
I still love my prime rib and nice juicy hamburgers and Canadian Bacon Pizza though! Oh....the humanity...... :cry: :cry: :lol:

Paul

Tell me your kidding Dragon!!!!!!!!

SEE,SEEE.. This is why I refuse to eat out!
Gahhhh I was just thing about what to make for dinner to!
There all going hungry today.
*Shudders*
Eating a sponge comes to mind.. Bit bland,but won't taste like Chicken.

Munky.

Nope I am not kidding!!! they just closed up about a week after we took some friends to our "favorite place to eat" no news as to why they closed. My sister in-law works with a lady whos hubby works for the health dept and found out the reason they closed! I wanted to vomit everywhere!!!!!! I am a cat lover but not to EAT!!!!!!

I eat very little meat and when I do it is fish or chicken. It is not about the animals tho for me, as much as I have a very hard time digesting meat. Like you Paul, we have colon cancer in our family as well, so I am pretty cautious. As a Christian as well, it is always on my mind that we originally were to be vegetarians and will be again. k

dragonfly princess said:
Nope I am not kidding!!! they just closed up about a week after we took some friends to our "favorite place to eat" no news as to why they closed. My sister in-law works with a lady whos hubby works for the health dept and found out the reason they closed! I wanted to vomit everywhere!!!!!! I am a cat lover but not to EAT!!!!!!

My husband and I call this one restaurant in our town "Cat Gut Buffet." lol Actually we call most Chinese food restaurant that. A friend of ours had worked for Orkin and found out from the manager of a grocery store that he had a contract to regularily spray, that he had caught the workers from the Cat Gut going through the trash, pulling the veggies out that had been thrown away. YUCK! Not once, but several times. I can never eat at that restaurant.

I'm a total carnivore but like the idea of being a vegetarian. Unfortunately, I don't much care for veggies. Lots of hunters in my area but I don't like wild meat either. I prefer my meats from my grocer's freezer, chalked full of steroids and whatever else. lol

I can't say as a veggie that I eat tons of veggies. We eat enchiladas, lasagna, tonight we had frito pie. The same thing carnivores eat really! We love Thai food, Ethiopian, South American, Middle Eastern, (Hare) Krishna dishes, Mongolian, lots of stuff. With all the wonderful substitues we can even have hamburgers, hotdogs & BLTs.

Latest posts

Back