Vegetarian meals

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
Let's share some inspiration!

I am trying this tonight:

Pineapple Black Bean Enchilladas

2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 (20 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
1/3 cup pineapple juice, reserved
1 (15 ounce) can progresso black beans, drained, rinsed
1 (4 1/2 ounce) can old el paso chopped green chilies
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
3 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese (12 oz)
1 (10 ounce) can Old El Paso mild enchilada sauce
8 whole wheat flour tortillas (8 or 9 inch)
1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
8 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro

Heat oven to 350°F Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in pineapple, beans, green chiles and salt. Cook and stir until thoroughly heated. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in 1/2 cup cilantro and 2 cups of the cheese.

Spoon and spread 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce onto each tortilla. Spoon about 3/4 cup vegetable mixture over sauce on each. Roll up tortillas; place seam side down in baking dish.

In small bowl, mix reserved 1/3 cup pineapple juice and remaining enchilada sauce; pour over entire surface of enchiladas in dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese. Spray sheet of foil large enough to cover baking dish with cooking spray; place sprayed side down over baking dish and seal tightly.

Bake 35 to 40 minutes, removing foil during last 5 to 10 minutes of baking, until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly. Top each baked enchilada with 1 tablespoon sour cream and 1 teaspoon cilantro.
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): Bake 40-45 minutes, removing foil during last 5 - 10 minutes of baking.
Submitted by: Mary Iovinelli Buescher.
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of General Mills ©2006.

Yummy! :) Even for a carnivore like me it sounds delicious! When is the dinner bell ringing at your home, Tab? :p

Paul.... :wink:

It was! I used green enchilada sauce & skipped the sour cream (cause we didn't have any) & it was yummy. At first I only added 1/2 the pineapple, it looked like too much but I went back & added the full amount. It was NOT all pineapple-ish like I thought it would be. It was balanced. It would have been nice w/ a can of corn in it too.

I only *cook* probably once a week, meaning not previously frozen or in a box :wink: .

Ok here is my favorite veggie dish

6 eggs beaten
1 12 oz jar alfredo sauce
linguini noodles cooked
chives
parsley
mozzarella cheese

in a frying pan (that can be put in the oven) put beaten eggs, add cooked noodles and alfredo sauce, chives and parsley. Mix all together, let cook on med heat for about 5 mins. Set oven to 350 and put frying pan in oven to cook top of egg mixture. Top with mozzarella and serve.

This is called a fritatta, you can put almost anything in this. It is similar to a quiche without the crust

OK, here is an easy one we had last night that was REALLY good!

Mushroom Rice

1)Cook 4 cups of white minute rice & spoon into the bottom of a glass baking dish.

2)Microwave 1 cup veggie crumbles (hamburger meat type) & spoon onto rice.

3)Dump 1 can of sweet peas onto rice/crumbles.

4)Saute onions, green peppers & mushrooms & spoon onto rice/pea/crumbles.

5)Pour 1 can (mixed w/ water) of cream of mushroom soup over the top, cover & bake 30 minutes.

*Variation: Add squash or *other* veggies to your saute mixture.

*Variation: Use Golden Mushroom, Cream of Celery or Cream of Asaragus soup instead.

*Variation: Sub baked tater tots for rice.

Back