Vegetable oil for practice?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, y’all have got me convinced!! It makes perfect sense to still use the recipes I like so i can maintain perfecting and being consistent, just make small batches, and why donate garbage soap? People deserve to have something decent in a soap! Golly gee willickers!!! Instead I shall be on a mission to find smaller molds that handle 1 lb batches so I’m not making 10 bars at once like my current mold. This has got me excited, it’s a Friday, time to get wild and make some soap tonight 😂 again I appreciate everyone’s input, I love this forum😊

Alright, y’all have got me convinced!! It makes perfect sense to still use the recipes I like so i can maintain perfecting and being consistent, just make small batches, and why donate garbage soap? People deserve to have something decent in a soap! Golly gee willickers!!! Instead I shall be on a mission to find smaller molds that handle 1 lb batches so I’m not making 10 bars at once like my current mold. This has got me excited, it’s a Friday, time to get wild and make some soap tonight 😂 again I appreciate everyone’s input, I love this forum😊

Two molds I would recommend are a 4" Silicone Loaf Mold (20oz) and a 6" Silicone Slab Mold (32oz). You can find them at Brambleberry and RusticEscentuals.com. I don't know about RE's quality, but they are less expensive and their processing and shipping time is a lot quicker than BB.

Both molds should allow you to do just about anything your heart desires when it comes to design, but on a smaller scale.

This mold from Crafter's Choice (#1504) is good for small batches. A small skinny gear-tie works well for hanger swirls with this mold. I bought a set of small gear ties somewhere that I shaped to fit different molds I have so I wouldn't have to keep re-shaping them with each mold. Although the 4-inch Bramble Berry one TheGecko recommends is cheaper. What makes my decision for me when buying online is the bottom-line cost once shipping is factored in, and that can vary based on how far it has to ship to my home from the place of origin.

Back