Vegetable Growing

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Squirrels are nightmare in my region, They ruined my bed with Parsley root, very important veggie for me, I have none. They were digging in it

Hate squirrels.
But I think we have some smart ones here.
I used to feed one from the window, he was so brazen but cute. Then I got the Hens and couldn't have a squirrel eating the organic feed. Way too $$$.
I started to just stop feeding him, then started to chase him off. Even threw a flip flop at him a few times but never hit him.
He left, no biggie as there is someone the next street over that feeds everyday to the wild life.

BUT then there is another one that obviously didn't like the Weed block I put on the fence between my neighbor and me. He started to rip it off, just one section. 2 times then stopped... so far.

I moved from a house with Squirrels in the attic after doing everything short of blasting off the roof.... they stayed, I left.

There's a forum called Tomatoville, the members often have seed swaps, where they exchange tomato seeds for the cost of shipping. I know there's a Canada swap that happens once a year. And others will send to other countries. Great way to get some really nice and hard to find varieties.

Thank you that’s fantastic, I’ll have a look! I love the heritage varieties. We have a heritage seed library in the uk that you pay to be a me,bet of, but I missed this year’s deadline to apply so I will join next year and try some of their varieties too!

Hate squirrels.

Thankfully, I don't have any squirrels in my neighborhood, but our best friends have quite a pesky one that seems to laugh at every effort made to make it go away. Lately, it's been caught eating the protective sheath that covers the electrical wires in the car engine. It has been getting up into the engine from underneath and chomping away at the sheath. The wires have had to be totally replaced twice already and my friends are just about at their wits end. :mad:

I was up in my garden today. I has a suspicion we have am unvited guest coming for dinner (eats part of the tomatoes and goes) and i was checking if said guest had come last night. Well, said guest was there! Mom and baby mice (just one baby) probably very confused as to why the tomato plans were not on their usuall spot (i moved them because of them!). They went back to their house (they live on my neighbors attic) but the baby had some trouble climbing the wall... he finally did.
Now i kinda feel guilty because mom cant feed baby my tomatoes (i dont have anything agains mice, i think they are kinda cute). Oh well...

I received my organic, heirloom tomato seeds today that I ordered from TomatoFest. I bought Black Prince, Opalka, Heidi, Principe Borghese, and Black Cherry. They also sent me a free/bonus packet of Grandfather Martino tomato seeds. Now comes the task of trying to decide which 2 of them I'll be planting in my tower come August, although I'm really tempted to plant 3 again. Black Prince is on the top of my list.

IrishLass :)

Back