Vegen

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odie

Reaction score
While I am still clutching my dairy products I am slowly finding recipes that allow me to let go a little of my butter, cream and milk

"Whipped Cream" Topping

Healthlier than cool whip (too much chemistry and dairy) make this the day before you use it. It will thicken up over night in the frig and have the consistancy of Cool Whip.

SERVES 8

Ingredients:

1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk, refrigerated
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup soymilk powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:

Refrigerate can of coconut milk, metal mixing bowl and beaters for at least 4 hours.
When ready to prepare recipe, open coconut can and remove only the thick "cream" at the top of the can. Place chilled cococunt "cream" in chilled bowl and beat with chilled beaters until thick and fluffy.
Slowly beat in rest of ingredients until smooth.
Cover and keep chilled until ready to serve.

Banana,Cocunut,Cashew Cream Tart,Super

Makes one 9-inch tart
FOR TART SHELL
1 1/2 cups whole pecans
Pinch of coarse salt
1 1/2 cups pitted dates
2 teaspoons pure maple syrup
FOR FILLING
1 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight and thoroughly drained
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup, and more to taste
1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
3 or 4 ripe but firm bananas
Directions
Make tart shell:
Coarsely chop pecans and salt in a food processor. Add dates; pulse until thoroughly combined, 15 to 20 seconds.
Add syrup; pulse just until combined and mixture sticks together.
Press nut mixture firmly and evenly into a 9-inch pie plate, wetting your fingers as needed. Set tart shell aside.

Make filling:
Grind nuts to a coarse paste in a blender. Add water, syrup, and vanilla scrapings; blend until smooth, about 5 minutes, scraping sides as needed. Mixture should be the consistency of thick pancake batter. Set aside 2 tablespoons coconut; add remainder to blender, and process to combine. Pour into prepared shell, spreading evenly.

Thinly slice bananas on the bias; arrange in slightly overlapping rows, beginning at edge of tart. Sprinkle with reserved coconut; serve immediately.

Latest posts

Back