Vegan lotions

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SugarandOats

Reaction score
Ok all you intelligent people !

I need opinions or want to know what you have used before and it work? I've been looking into different waxs to incorporate into my lotions like candellila, bio-mulusion wax and emulsifying waxs.... I want to know what's best most natural and what feels better and if you've used these in lotions before thanks in advance!

You need an emulsifier formulated for lotion. Candelilla wax will not work in this instance.

Your best bet is to look for something that is Eco-cert approved. Try lotioncrafter, the herbarie, or ingredients to die for. They also carry a range of effective preservatives, some more eco-friendly than others.

As emulsifiers and preservatives are made in a lab, none of it is truly "natural." But you can find things that are paraben-free, for example.

What I highly recommend is visiting swiftcraftymonkey's site and doing some research. She has so much information that you can learn about the alternatives out there for your products. You are going to have to find what will work best for you and your customer base. Many on this site have done hours and some probably years of research for their products. They are willing to advise on your recipes but don't generally give their recipes away. As previously stated you will need an emulsifyer not a wax.

Olive wax (ingredients to die for have it) will work. I use it in every place where other use beeswax, in the same proportions.

Back