VDay Soaps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I made four VDay soaps this weekend and only 3 turned out. My Love spell doesn't look at all as I had planned because I can't swirl worth a poop. But - I have 3 lbs of great smelling ugly soap just for me!

Very Sexy for Him - Going to rename Hubba Hubba
soap_hubba.jpg

Pink Sugar w/ Vanilla Stabilizer - thinking of a new name
pink_tuxedo.jpg

Blue Sugar w/ Vanilla Stabilizer - thinking of a new name
blue_tux.jpg

I love the way you did the pink/blue sugars! They are absolutely devine! And your swirls are very pretty also!

thanks for the comments guys - they were fun to make.

Brian - these are basically just layers. I left the tops unscented so the Pink Sugar wouldn't change it's color. So there is scented bottom - then a black layer and a white layer. They I poured both those layers at a pretty thin trace to get them to mix a bit. The very top pink crumbly part is unscented colored and chopped CP soap that I pushed into the top of the soap.

LOL - no - I didn't forget. They just look awful!

And - I am sad to say - despite the use of the Vanilla Stabilizer - the Blue Sugar is turning brown. Not evenly either. Ugh. The Pink Sugar looks exactly the same though. It's weird that the Blue is turning.

Is the Blue Sugar, just Pink Sugar FO in blue soap?

It may be turning brown un-evenly because there is a slight swirl in that blue base. Possibly it is a reaction with the dye you used?

I love your soaps! The Pink sugar looks like chocolate creamsickle!

Lane said:
Is the Blue Sugar, just Pink Sugar FO in blue soap?

It may be turning brown un-evenly because there is a slight swirl in that blue base. Possibly it is a reaction with the dye you used?

No - Blue Sugar is the Men's scent or brother to Pink Sugar - different FO.

Back