Varisoft EQ65

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would be interested in getting some feedback on this ingredient for shampoo bars. I have been researching recipes and trying to develop one that combines 'the best' of the ingredients that are on offer.

If I use the above ingredient, do I still need to use stearic acid in the recipe? Or does this replace/reduce the need for it?

If anybody uses it, or knows anything about it, I would be greatly appreciative of any feedback.

TIA :)

I was just reading on that on swiftcraftymonkey's blog and what I understand from it is, it could replace BTMS 50 or 25 or cetrimonium chloride in shampoo bars as it is a conditioning agent aside from being an emulsifier (from another source).

That being said, I've seen so many shampoo bars without stearic acid to begin with, with or without varisoft, so I'm assuming it's ok if it's left out?

Let's see if anyone has actual experience. I won't be using varisoft, coz I have BTMS 50, but I wanna see what they say about the stearic acid lol

I made syndet with half BMTS 50 and half Varisoft it was good, it is good but took me a long time to bring the ph down.

Back