Varisoft EQ65, SLSA, BTMS 50 cheaper overseas.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So get this - I use Varisoft EQ65 in my syndet shampoo bars, and now the only stockist of the product in NZ has stopped importing it (not a big seller). They have no old stock lying around in their warehouse either.
Forced to look further afield I found it at Aussie Soap Supplies. For those of you that still think there is a bridge joining the two countries let me tell you this is further away than Spain is to England, and a little less than LAX is to Cancun, but a little more than JFK to Cancun.
SO I popped a kilo of the stuff in my shopping cart, and some SLSA, BTMS 50, plus a wee bottle of essential oil to make it up to the minimum purchase of $AU100 for international orders. How much was shipping to NZ? $AU68!!
Not to be disheartened, i added the product prices and the shipping price together and converted it to NZ dollars = $NZ195. I then took the same product prices from my usual NZ stockists, adding our usual $8 for shipping and it came to $NZ225!!
Verdict: Cheaper to buy from Aussie with the exorbitant shipping cost than to buy it in my own country.
Who would have thought?

Last edited:
Verdict: Cheaper to buy from Aussie with the exorbitant shipping cost than to buy it in my own country.
Who would have thought?
Indeed! :hairpulling: I'm wondering if it's as expensive in the USA? I was just thinking this AM about the COST OF EVERYTHING going up... and wondering how I'm going to manage on my fixed SSA income to cover it. I may have to find a new hobby... Panning for Gold maybe? 😂

Latest posts

Back