Various Projects I want to do.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peachy Clean Soap

Reaction score
Ive been wanting to make skin care products for a good long time' so finally ive enrolled in a free basic course, It's basic as can be but its the perfect place to start' gotta have that solid foundation. so much to learn' & an entirely different rules & guidlines according to State laws' cross my Dot my I's & cross my T, if I even want to enterian the thought of selling a product without Ca. proof of certification Standard & Passed✅. If this Certification is costly then i'll half to use for personal use & family only.

I'd like to make a Lotion ( found a recipe ) & ( Body Butter Bar - not greasy ) Then work on a ( Body Cologne Spray - Ive designed one but I really need to tweak it ) ( Foot Loofah Scrub ) ✅done. all by the 19th so I can delivery gifted items to my Daughter' I'll be there for Grandson's college graduation celebration. & "Oh our June challenge" that too. I need my Supplies Delivered asap.

Update
I made my 1st body lotion today! I want to give a shoutout to @KimW for her recipe & instructions, It turned out really nice' It's not greasy adsorbs nicely' it just feels wonderful. Ive washed my face w/ water then applied lotion & it felt so nice & moisturizing' i'm really happy w/ it. I've made a few mistakes' when I add'ed my water phase' I placed the bowel in the ice bath' oops the fats started setting up fast' I quickly removed it & kept SB to get it smooth' I was afraid it wouldent' but it came together & smoothed out.
My Jewelry scale needed charging, once it was charged I was able to finish up w/ my few ingredients EO & an additional Preservative & add'ed them @ the cool down phase.

I chose to switch up a few fats & oils as suggested. I guessed on the amounts not really knowing if the small changes would work' but all & all it turned out really nice.

I'd like to make another batch tomorrow if I have time & labels too. I hope my Daughter loves her lotion I'm excited to give it to her.

C2BC24F4-9A56-403C-8720-30E893C6B825.jpeg986ACD41-EA5B-4D02-A5CE-64E821AFF76C.jpeg

Last edited:
I think you'll have so much fun! I've been looking at all the recipes on Aroma-Zone.com; it's all in French but they have about a million recipes, all for free, I've been having a great time exploring them all, as well as a few kind friends who gave me a hand out with getting started :)

I think you'll have so much fun! I've been looking at all the recipes on Aroma-Zone.com; it's all in French but they have about a million recipes, all for free, I've been having a great time exploring them all, as well as a few kind friends who gave me a hand out with getting started :)
Really! time to learn french' JK . oh i'm gonna check it out. Thx for the info 🤗💫

:D The recipe is here on MakingCosmetics. It had better work because those little potion bottles were $$$$$.
Sign me up for them trials too. @AliOop those products are expensive & a lot wow.
great place for products. Ive bought a few items from them..
Their is one product I absolutely love' recieved it from my daughter for Christmas. Its by Clinique ( Moisture Surge ) its fantastic. I'd like to figure out how to replicate it.

Sign me up for them trials too. @AliOop those products are expensive & a lot wow.
great place for products. Ive bought a few items from them..
Their is one product I absolutely love' recieved it from my daughter for Christmas. Its by Clinique ( Moisture Surge ) its fantastic. I'd like to figure out how to replicate it.
I did some research to find out what substitutions could be made, such as MCT oil (which I already have) instead of buying their bottle of triglycerides (same stuff). The GelMaker EMU includes PS80, so I can just use PS80 and accept that my product won't be as "cushion-y" as their recipe. Don't really care about cushion-y -- I just want these dark circles to fade so I don't look like I've stayed out all night, lol.

I already had sorbitol, rose hip oil, and lavender EO on hand. So I only had to buy the preservative and the two active ingredients (but threw in a few other things for other recipes to make the most of the shipping cost.)

One tiny pot of dark circle cream is $70+ at the make-up counter, and now I have more than enough ingredients to make many pots of such creams. Here's hoping I like it and want to make more!

I did some research to find out what substitutions could be made, such as MCT oil (which I already have) instead of buying their bottle of triglycerides (same stuff). The GelMaker EMU includes PS80, so I can just use PS80 and accept that my product won't be as "cushion-y" as their recipe. Don't really care about cushion-y -- I just want these dark circles to fade so I don't look like I've stayed out all night, lol.

I already had sorbitol, rose hip oil, and lavender EO on hand. So I only had to buy the preservative and the two active ingredients (but threw in a few other things for other recipes to make the most of the shipping cost.)

One tiny pot of dark circle cream is $70+ at the make-up counter, and now I have more than enough ingredients to make many pots of such creams. Here's hoping I like it and want to make more!
What are the two items ingredients? Also dark circles can be " mascara stain " easiest fix, the not so easy fix' regaining the plumpness under the eye are ( I googled it')
"ultra hydrating ingreadents" like hyaluronic acid' squalene' avocado. so some products to consider for your formula? ( all else fails - fillers they work wonders, though not a forever fix ) I need lots of that youth plumpness' just not one area. 🤣😀🤗

Last edited:
What are the two items ingredients? Also dark circles can be " mascara stain " easiest fix, the not so easy fix' regaining the plumpness under the eye are ( I googled it')
"ultra hydrating ingreadents" like hyaluronic acid' squalene' avocado. so some products to consider for your formula? ( all else fails - fillers they work wonders, though not a forever fix ) I need lots of that youth plumpness' just not one area. 🤣😀🤗
If you click on the link in my post above, you can see all the required ingredients.

I can't wear mascara so it isn't that. Per the allergist, my under-eye discoloration is primarily from ongoing allergies/sinus issues. I've used HA serum and it helps with the bags, but not with the darkness. The two active ingredients in the cream I plan to make have been clinically demonstrated to improve the discoloration, so... stay tuned! ;)

Last edited:
If you click on the link in my post above, you can see all the required ingredients.

I can't wear mascara so it isn't that. Per the allergist, my under-eye discoloration is primarily from ongoing allergies/sinus issues. I've used HA serum and it helps with the bags, but not with the darkness. The two active ingredients the the cream I plan to make have been clinically demonstrated to improve the discoloration, so... stay tuned! ;)
I'm staying tuned in' gonna take a look again @ your ingredients' Collagen Peptides too💫. Good bye dark spots. 💫🤗💫.

Well, I made it tonight. I expected it to be runny using PS80 instead of the GelMaker EMU... and it is! But it's ok in a pump bottle that dispenses just a pearl each time. I'll give it a few days and decide whether achieving more of a gel texture is worth the cost of ordering the GME. The shipping is what kills me - makes the price double!

I’ve been wanting to make lotion and emulsified body butter for a long time and this summer is it. I sell body butter which works well but customers complain it’s too greasy, and they request a lotion. I accidentally ordered a bucket of East African Shea butter a few months ago instead of my typical West African Shea butter for soapmaking. Boy was I surprised to open the bucket to find East African Shea is a slushy liquid! It is supposed to be very good in lotion so my accident is kick starting my lotion product development!

Well, I made it tonight. I expected it to be runny using PS80 instead of the GelMaker EMU... and it is! But it's ok in a pump bottle that dispenses just a pearl each time. I'll give it a few days and decide whether achieving more of a gel texture is worth the cost of ordering the GME. The shipping is what kills me - makes the price double!
Oh how exciting' let us know on your results. I was thinking about skincare products & "cost" though a savings in the in the long run, I thought Oxygen = Oxidation = Rancidity: Key is prolonging usage, next thought was the container for storage ( airless pump would be perfect ) I'm gonna look for them.

I’ve been wanting to make lotion and emulsified body butter for a long time and this summer is it. I sell body butter which works well but customers complain it’s too greasy, and they request a lotion. I accidentally ordered a bucket of East African Shea butter a few months ago instead of my typical West African Shea butter for soapmaking. Boy was I surprised to open the bucket to find East African Shea is a slushy liquid! It is supposed to be very good in lotion so my accident is kick starting my lotion product development!
Thats interesting' let us know what you think in a product?.

I just purchased Shea Butter' i've decided to purchase in a smaller quantity to find the one I like best. may try the "E. African Shea" next. Who is the supplier?.

Last edited:
Back