Vanilla stabilizer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwitte

Reaction score
Hi. I never used vanilla stabilizer in my cold process soap. How much do you use and do you have to figure the water or oils with it? I have a recipe but don’t know if the stabilizer has to be in that calculation or no. Ty

If you are buying commercial, liquid vanilla stabilizer, then just follow the directions on the bottle. The stabilizer I use is one to one ratio with FO. I stir the stabilizer and FO together and let it set a couple of minutes before adding to the soap mixture. Follow the suppliers directions for the percentage use of the FO. Entering the weight of the oils in Soapmaking Friend will make it easier for you. Brambleberry.com and Wholesale Supplies Plus both have a fragrance calculator. The only hitch is that you have to enter a FO that they sell. You could just figure the weight of the oils you are using x the suggested usage rate. If you are using 32oz of oil and the suggested usage rate for the FO is 4%, then 32 x .04=1.28 oz

Last edited:
If you are buying commercial, liquid vanilla stabilizer, then just follow the directions on the bottle. The stabilizer I use is one to one ratio with FO. I stir the stabilizer and FO together and let it set a couple of minutes before adding to the soap mixture. Follow the suppliers directions for the percentage use of the FO. Entering the weight of the oils in Soapmaking Friend will make it easier for you. Brambleberry.com and Wholesale Supplies Plus both have a fragrance calculator. The only hitch is that you have to enter a FO that they sell. You could just figure the weight of the oils you are using x the suggested usage rate. If you are using 32oz of oil and the suggested usage rate for the FO is 4%, then 32 x .04=1.28 oz
Thank you

Latest posts

Back