Vanilla Stabilizer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edco76

Reaction score
Hey guys I need some advise (again). I have some "First Snow" FO, when I bought it of course I was thinking of a nice creamy white bar. Then I found out about the whole vanilla in FO turns brown kinda thing (I am a leap before look kinda guy). Well anyway, it has 2% vanilla. I know you can use a vanilla stabilizer but I have read a few things that say it doesnt work very well. I also have only found 1 source for a stabilizer for CP, So, a.how discolored would a low vanilla content like 2% discolor my soap and b. does anyone have any experience with a CP stabilizer? I found one but they want 9$ to ship a 4$ 4 oz bottle. Which is too much, since there is nothing else really at the site that I want/need. As usual any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed

I made one batch of goats milk vanilla soap. It contained 2 pounds of assorted oils and to that I added one ounce of vanilla fragrance oil. The soap came out the color of milk chocolate while all my other batches of goats milk soap are a nice golden wheat color. They all used the same oil, goats milk and lye recipe so I have to assume the color is due to the vanilla.

But boy does it smell wonderful.

I just got a new bottle of VCS from WSP I could sell you a few oz for .50cents an oz plus exact shipping. Parcel post on 2-4 oz would be $2.00 or less.

Tabitha said:
I just got a new bottle of VCS from WSP I could sell you a few oz for .50cents an oz plus exact shipping. Parcel post on 2-4 oz would be $2.00 or less.

Thank you very much for the offer Tab, I would gladly take you up on it except I do not believe the one that wholesale supplies plus works in CP. Atleast the one I seen there doesnt. http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/Pr ... uctID=2152

I got the FO there but this is the only stabilizer I seen there.

The vanilla stabilizer that Bitter Creek North is selling is supposed to work in CP, so they claim. They do show pictures of "with and without" their vanilla stabilizer. You need to use as much of it per batch as you do FO though, and it gets kinda pricey. If you need really white though this might be worth it. I use a bit of TD (titanium dioxide) to lighten up my GM soaps sometimes when I use a vanilla FO. Check out Bitter Creek's vanilla stabilizer here;;

http://secure.candlesupply.com/catalog_ ... CodeID=330

Paul.... :)

Soapmaker Man said:
The vanilla stabilizer that Bitter Creek North is selling is supposed to work in CP, so they claim. They do show pictures of "with and without" their vanilla stabilizer. You need to use as much of it per batch as you do FO though, and it gets kinda pricey. If you need really white though this might be worth it. I use a bit of TD (titanium dioxide) to lighten up my GM soaps sometimes when I use a vanilla FO. Check out Bitter Creek's vanilla stabilizer here;;

http://secure.candlesupply.com/catalog_ ... CodeID=330

Paul.... :)

Yeah, Thats the only one I have found. It is to expensive to ship though. 9 bucks for a 4 oz bottle. I don't mind paying for products but I hate when Co.'s try an rip you on shipping. I ship 10-20 items a day and give rate quotes to people all over the country. I know when I am being totally rolled on a shipping price.

Wow, I did not check out the shipping, that is ridiculous! She used to be very fair in shipping as I bought a lot of candle supplies from them at one time! You never know! :?

Paul.... :) :wink:

Poo, I had not noticed it os only good for M&P.

Give her a call at Bittercreek. It could be a conputer shipping glitch. Tell her what you want & see if she can offer you better shipping.

MOST supply companies will reduce shipping if you phone them. Webiste shoping carts do not always have the best shipping cals built into them.

Good idea Tab. 8) They also have live online chat during normal business hours. Give it a whirl. I have asked them many questions when I was buying candle wax and supplies from them!

Paul... :) :wink:

No Shannan, it a natural occurring product, and is one of the top 50 used materials worldwide. It is and has been used in candy for years. I either list it as "Titanium Dioxide" or as one of the "minerals" as colourants. There are tons of articles about using TD in many, many things! I have a private supplier that sells it for about 1/2 of the best price you can find it anywhere else! It's both water soluble too!

Paul....:) :wink:

smellitlikeitis said:
No not the TD Paul, I use that sometimes, I am talking about the Stablizer

Oh. sorry Shannan, my bad! :wink: :lol: :lol:
I would not know, myself. It would be interesting to do a conversation with BCN when they are online, with live help, and ask them this question. :?

Paul.... :) :wink:

Latest posts

Back