Vanilla Stabilizer in mp base

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pepperi27

Reaction score
I was looking at bb about the organic mp soap bases and came across one with a vanilla stabilizer already in the base? Has anyone tried this already? Does it work? I'm tempted to order a lb just to see.

I haven't tried it, but I am getting back into MP so I was thinking about ordering a couple pounds to try Pink Sugar...

Yeah I saw some at bb from stephensons and at naturesgardencandles. It seems interesting and I would certainly be willing to try some! Let me know how it goes if you do!

Actually no. I purposely add certain fragrances that will turn brown in my gm rebatch. However, when I add an fo like pink sugar the base doesn't not turn colors. I once tested a batch for about two-three months and it still has yet to turn brown. And the base is regular no stabilizer in it. Hmmm wonder why that happened? In my rebatch that pink sugar turned brown immediately and after two weeks got very chocolatety! LOL

Why does Pink Sugar have to smell so gooooood and turn soooo dark!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

I know its weird! LOL I'm going to purchase a sample of that base tomorrow and see what happens! I will keep you posted.

Where did you get your Pink Sugar that did not turn your rebatch brown?

I get my Pink Sugar from Day Star & even w/ added stabalizer it turns M&P the color of chocolate.

No it did not turn my mp soap brown. It definitely turned my rebatch super brown LOL. I get mine from Aromahaven

I had Pink Sugar from Tony's and it turned my MP a lovely light pink-tan color. I didn't get a photo of it before it all sold. :(

Now KY's Toasted Marshmallow... yeah.... that turned a lovely DARK toasted marshallow color.

I made some medium pink bunnies out of M&P w/ pink sugar last Easter & in about a month's time they looked just like chocolate rabbits.

LOL That must've been so cute tab! I recently tried the rebatch soap base from natures garden candles and it was drier than regular mp! I still wrapped it in saran wrap though....

Latest posts

Back