Vanilla flavouring

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pops1

Reaction score
I was wondering if you can use vanilla flavoring in place of vanilla FO for Melt & Pour.My bottle of flavouring just about knocks your head off when you open the bottle its so strong and its really the nicest vanilla l have smelt.Would the smell last in soap?also would it have any determental effects on the soap apart from the color?.

You wouldn't happen to be talking about the Vanilla Flavour Oil from Bramble Berry / Aussie Soap Supplies would you? I have that one and it's the best vanilla ever! :wink: (Although discolours badly of course)

I use this one in soap as well as lip balm. I understand flavour oil is simply a refined and edible fragrance so I figure if it is ok to use in a leave-on product on your lips then surely it must be ok for use in a wash-off product like soap.

Thankyou Mandy for your imput.It's the Brambleberries one and l do think its by far the nicest l have smelt for ages .I think l will make a couple of bars today and see how it goes,l am running out of base and l have to be careful with the finances for a couple of weeks too many bills to pay so l don't want to waste any base at all.Fancy putting paying bills before soaping must be getting old :)

Made a couple of samples and the smell isn't as strong as in the bottle also made my samples a bit soft so back to the drawing board.

Latest posts

Back