Vanilla Color Stabilizer

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, the additional expense is pennies on the dollar, and after you pour the batter in the mold, the smell of the stabilizer disappears.

For me, the end product (I only use a stabilizer in soap) performs, smells and feels exactly the way a soap does without it, and since I don't claim anything special about my soaps (organic, natural, etc.,) it's worth it for me to just use it in every soap I make to stave of discoloration. And since I get my ingredient labels printed for me, it's easier to have just one set of ingredients list for the 3 formulas I make.

Depending on where one purchases the VCS it would run from $2-$6 per batch of soap for me. I can see why many are using the VCN from Bittercreek North. WSP 172.00 per gallon, Bittercreek $45.00 plus shipping. Bittercreek would be $58 per gallon shipped to So Cal. Still does not entice me to use it, but that is just me. Afterall I have dealt with discoloring fo's for years so why change now...

Back