Vanilla Chai tea EO blend

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Essential oils books by tisserand have loads of info about essential oils, usage rates, sensitivities etc.
Another book I would recommend, IMO perfect for beginners or those looking for more knowledge, is Worwood: the complete book of essential oils and aromatherapy . I've given it as gifts and have heard only good things from those who use and reference this book. It's one of my faves.
I totally agree, and have both of those books myself. They are a treasure trove of information regarding safety, usage rates, and constituents. Constituents are to EOs what fatty acids are to oils/butters; knowing which constituents are in which EOs can help you decide which to use, and why. Of course, no one knows which EO constituents survive the lye monster, but for leave-on products, this information is really important, IMO.

I totally agree, and have both of those books myself. They are a treasure trove of information regarding safety, usage rates, and constituents. Constituents are to EOs what fatty acids are to oils/butters; knowing which constituents are in which EOs can help you decide which to use, and why. Of course, no one knows which EO constituents survive the lye monster, but for leave-on products, this information is really important, IMO.
Totally agree! Which is why I only use EO'S for my leave on products. :)

Essential oils books by tisserand have loads of info about essential oils, usage rates, sensitivities etc.
Another book I would recommend, IMO perfect for beginners or those looking for more knowledge, is Worwood: the complete book of essential oils and aromatherapy . I've given it as gifts and have heard only good things from those who use and reference this book. It's one of my faves.
Thank you! I've been turned off by EOs for a while, mostly because there's so much drama around them here in the US. I'm curious, but I mostly want the scientific side of things.
ETA- would not use for soap. Actually, for most stuff I also use a complimentary FO to go with the medicinally-effective EO since I really don't like the smell of a lot of EOs.

Thank you! I've been turned off by EOs for a while, mostly because there's so much drama around them here in the US. I'm curious, but I mostly want the scientific side of things.
ETA- would not use for soap. Actually, for most stuff I also use a complimentary FO to go with the medicinally-effective EO since I really don't like the smell of a lot of EOs.
I've also noticed the " drama" that surrounds EO'S tends to be more towards MLM companies and the stuff they are proclaiming you can and should do, WHICH YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT. Makes me cringe knowing innocent people are practicing insane health claim mumbo jumbo without realizing the dangers.
Tisserand and Worwood will be of great help and offer dos and don't, to keep eo use safe as well as beneficial.

I need to become best friends with a chemist who can test all my soaps and help me figure out what really survives the lye monster. Makes me think of sasquatch or the lockness monster, 😜😂, so much mystery about the lye monster. Anyone here a chemist, who also wants to become my best friend? I can pay in soaps. :) And smiles. :)

Latest posts

Back