Vanilla Chai tea EO blend

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been working with Essential oils for years now. And I've since made lots of custom blends. One I love in particular is my chai blend. I want to share it because it's the holidays and I feel led to share it with others who may want to have that delicious chai scent in their handmade creations, using natural perfumery fragrances.

Recipe below:
VANILLA CHAI LATTE
Cinnamon bark 12drops
Sweet orange 20 drops
Clove stem 12drops
Cardamom (co2) 5 drops
**Vanilla (10x) 5drops
Before y'all get on me: I know vanilla essential oil does not exist. Use whatever vanilla you can get your hands on.

IF YOU TRY THIS BLEND, PLEASE comment below and let me know what you think.

It should sit for 1-3 weeks to " Marry" (perfume term) before using it.

I like to make roll ons
Put it in lotion
Body oils
But never tried it in soaps. To costly to bother trying for the amount I would need.

Enjoy! :)

I got into soaping because I am in love with fragrances, notes, blends, and the just the harmony of it. Thank you for sharing this :)

Vanilla darkens soap - do you think if I change this with Benzoin EO it would smell the same-ish?

I got into soaping because I am in love with fragrances, notes, blends, and the just the harmony of it. Thank you for sharing this :)

Vanilla darkens soap - do you think if I change this with Benzoin EO it would smell the same-ish?

Probably not. Nothing replaces vanilla IMO and I've tried lots of stuff. But benzoin is nice in its own way so it's worth a try.

It sounds lovely. However, both the cinnamon and clove would accelerate the soap batter. Those EOs are also skin-sensitizing; many of us can't use them in soaps or lotions. Boo! But it sounds lovely to diffuse, so thank you for sharing it!
I don't make it for soap. I made it for a perfume roll on and lotion

I like the look of this. What % of the blend do you add to the oil make roll-ons?
Thanks.gif

It sounds lovely. However, both the cinnamon and clove would accelerate the soap batter. Those EOs are also skin-sensitizing; many of us can't use them in soaps or lotions. Boo! But it sounds lovely to diffuse, so thank you for sharing it!
I've used cinnamon and clove EO'S for leave on products and have yet to experience sensitisation/irritation. And I'm known to have sensitive skin. Of course I follow dilution rates and use carrier oils and would never apply these oils directly on my skin (aka neat) cause that's just asking for trouble. They definitely do heat up my batter but i make HP so I don't mind.

I've used cinnamon and clove EO'S for leave on products and have yet to experience sensitisation/irritation. And I'm known to have sensitive skin. Of course I follow dilution rates and use carrier oils and would never apply these oils directly on my skin (aka neat) cause that's just asking for trouble. They definitely do heat up my batter but i make HP so I don't mind.
Not everyone reacts to those oils - but many do, and most serious EO books advise significant caution.

"Hot" oils are ones that tend to cause sensitizing reactions. They are usually the most potent antivirals, as well, things like clove, nutmeg, cinnamon, basil, oregano, thyme.
I knew about clove and cinnamon, and I'm not surprised to see nutmeg on the list since the spice in excess causes hallucinations and death (emphasis on in excess), but I imagined the others would be more friendly. Do you have any recommendations for a more comprehensive list or comparison chart?

I knew about clove and cinnamon, and I'm not surprised to see nutmeg on the list since the spice in excess causes hallucinations and death (emphasis on in excess), but I imagined the others would be more friendly. Do you have any recommendations for a more comprehensive list or comparison chart?
Essential oils books by tisserand have loads of info about essential oils, usage rates, sensitivities etc.
Another book I would recommend, IMO perfect for beginners or those looking for more knowledge, is Worwood: the complete book of essential oils and aromatherapy . I've given it as gifts and have heard only good things from those who use and reference this book. It's one of my faves.

Latest posts

Back