Vanilla Blossoms recommendation?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all, I have been making lotion with Vanilla Blossoms from Natures Garden that I bought last year, and need more. Alas, they don’t seem to carry it any more. WSP has one but reviewers note the baby powder smell, which i don’t think is what I want. I looked at Vanilla Select from Brambleberry, but it sounds very sweet, not what I want for lotion. Any recommendations?

Hello, I am
Still struggling with a good vanilla, either it is too sweet like food kind, or artificial smellling. I ordered some abosulte natural vanilla oil, which I am loving the smell, and adding a little of natural vanilla extract to it.

I recently used one called 'snowdrop blossoms' from a NZ supplier which does not disclose their sources. It's not really vanilla but it's a lovely soft scent that i can recommend. If you can source it over there, maybe add a ditch of the 'Vanilla Select' to it to get the smell you want?
And if you do recognise the other fragrances the supplier carries as being from a particular USA supplier - please do let me know because it's always helpful to read the reviews on the US site before I purchase.

I just opened a box of sample fragrances and remembered this thread. Vanilla cotton from Lone Star candle supply seems to have both floral and vanilla notes in its description. Out of the bottle it reminded me of cotton blossoms from Bulk apothecary. I did not get strong vanilla notes either, but that might change when I actually try it In soap.

Latest posts

Back