Valentine Soaps... so far

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Tan OMH bars (soon to be brown), scented with sandalwood vanilla (was supposed to be OMH).

Black/white swirl with red accents, scented with OMH (was supposed to be sandalwood vanilla).

Pink hearts, scented with bergamot grapefruit.

Attachments

• IMG_1576.jpg
    IMG_1576.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1574.JPG
    IMG_1574.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1575.JPG
    IMG_1575.JPG
    102 KB · Views: 27
Those are super nice! I love black, white, and red designs.
Thanks, me too! You will notice that the tops are not really visible here. I did some super pretty swirls with red and gold, and then mucked them up by putting plastic wrap on top. I had watched someone else use chopsticks on top of the mold to keep the wrap from touching the soap. Didn't work for me - the soap seemed to magnetically draw the wrap down in between the chopsticks. I wanted to cry but reminded myself, it is soap. breathe. it is soap.

Ain't that the truth! Despite the ruined top, the mix-up in fragrances, and the stearic spots, I am happy. They all smell really good, and the vanilla stabilizer is holding well so far in the black and white batch. Hopefully I can get in a few more this week and have all the Valentine's soaps done. Maybe a St. Paddy's Day soap or two.

Very pretty! I’ve done that exact same thing with plastic wrap.
Acck ,so frustrating, isn't it?

@Mobjack Bay I need to thank you for encouraging me to take better photos. Finding the backdrops today helped. Good thing I moved those cabinets as I'd completely forgotten that I'd stuck them back there (where they would be "safe" haha).

Last edited:
Tan OMH bars (soon to be brown), scented with sandalwood vanilla (was supposed to be OMH).

Black/white swirl with red accents, scented with OMH (was supposed to be sandalwood vanilla).

Now that sounds like something I would do, mix up the fragrances. Can market them as "fragrance surprise."

Love the black/ white swirl!

Latest posts

Back