Quantcast

V-Day Swap...The Aftermath!!!

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

dragonfly princess

Reaction score
Ok kids we can put our thoughts (likes, dislikes, comments) here. It is easier to start a new topic then wading thru the 9 pages of the other topic.

Thanks to all who participated, I am in love with everything! Gonna have fun using all of it!!

Bret

Reaction score
About my products... Blue Alyssum soap - Alyssum FO, Goat's milk soap, please please please give me the good/bad about this soap. It's a new formula, and not many have tried it yet. Hot Chocolate Soy Wax Melt - Hot Chocolate FO, soy wax, to be used on a tart burner.

I'll update as I try more :)

1. Dragonfly Princess = Eclectic Dragonfly

2. Chris = Chrisinflorida (No biz name right now. My soaps were labeled Winter Romance and Chocolate Delight/Chocolate covered Strawberries.)
Chocolate Delight is just to die for. My DH thought it was a block of fudge, luckily I stopped him before he took a bite out of it.

3. Kelly = McCloud Naturals
I tried a bit of this after my shower. Lovely scent and feel! Going to use it tonight for backrubs.

4. Becky = The cell phone charm has turned into a purse zipper pull charm! I rarely ever use my cell.

5. Earthygirl = Earthy's Soapworks

6. Bret = Epona's Melting Pot
(won't comment on my own ;) )

7. Pepperi27 = Moonstruck Magic
Tried the lotion (Desire?), wonderful feel!

8. Tab = The Polly Wog Patch
Mmmm..... I'll admit I tried it on myself before my husband got home. This will definitely get used ;)

9. Soapmaker Man = The Bath Emporium

And to whomever had the Twix bar attached, DH says thank you.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
Well since I was the host, I was going to start this new thread, but Dragon beat me to it. :p Sorry I had to work a lot today since Phyllis is having surgery tomorrow, and did not check in. Please forgive me as I did not get my responsibilities for starting and maintaining the other V-Day topic. I'm so busy in the shop! :? That is why I did not sign up for Dragon's Earth Day swap. Sorry again for dropping my swap responsibilities. It was a hard swap since there was 3 out of 12 who did not notify us that they could not make the swap, and the severe 1 inch ice storm we had that weekend, and Monday being Presidents Day and no mail...... Karma is talking to me. :(

pepperi27

Reaction score
Ok so the soap is honey base designed to make you very lusty....either with yourself or someone else! LOL The desire lotion is a mix of four different fragrances love experiments! The creamy bath oil is just that to make your bathing experience scented and creamy again by yourself or with someone else.....LOL j/k

1. Dragonfly Princess = Eclectic Dragonfly Love your basket so freakin cute and perfect for spring?? Beautiful packaging. The soap is too cute, I don't want to mess with the shape or dragonfly!

2. Chris = Chrisinflorida (No biz name right now. My soaps were labeled Winter Romance and Chocolate Delight/Chocolate covered Strawberries.)
I'm loving the soaps! I thought it was a chocolate brownie but luckily I only took one bite......lol before I came to my senses and said dammit its soap! Love chocolate soap!

I used this massage bar on my moms legs and she loved it! Suffice to say she stole it lol

4. Becky = Is winter romance yours? Love the scent and color! Very delicate and romantic!

5. Earthygirl = Earthy's Soapworks Love your label very professional looking! Looks like something you'd find in the health food stores! When its ready I will tell you more!

(won't comment on my own )
Once again a terrific soap! Looks like cp I swear you are very talented! Smells terrific.

Yeah ummm I already tried some couldn't wait for my bf LOL Love this mist!

9. Soapmaker Man = The Bath Emporium Paul first off do not apologize for being busy good for you! Thank you for hosting this swap it was great! My co-worker tried to steal the cream so were sharing lol The soap smells like this fragrance from crabtree and evelyn wonderful and definitely like rose water!

The inamorata? Not sure who this is from i'm thinking shannon. I love it! It's very lightly scented either that or my nose is still stuffy from sniffing all these soaps and the ones I've been making LOL I will try this out tonight with a pair of warm socks!!

The dead sea bath salts my mom stole cause she loves that stuff! But the charm i'm keeping! Thank you to whoever made this!

Becky

Reaction score
pepperi27 said:
The inamorata? Not sure who this is from i'm thinking shannon. I love it! It's very lightly scented either that or my nose is still stuffy from sniffing all these soaps and the ones I've been making LOL I will try this out tonight with a pair of warm socks!!

The dead sea bath salts my mom stole cause she loves that stuff! But the charm i'm keeping! Thank you to whoever made this!
These are from me pepper. I realised after I left the post office that I hadn't labelled anything :oops:

pepperi27

Reaction score
Well becky I love the name and it feels creamy and my feet were like butter!! Love it!

chrisinflorida

Reaction score
Paul,

Glad you like my soap. Actually the amount of castor in this soap is only 4%. Perhaps it is the combination of the other oils that is contributing to the good amount of lather it has? I was wondering how much lather my bars had compared to others?

Chris

dragonfly princess

Reaction score
chrisinflorida said:
Paul,

Glad you like my soap. Actually the amount of castor in this soap is only 4%. Perhaps it is the combination of the other oils that is contributing to the good amount of lather it has? I was wondering how much lather my bars had compared to others?

Chris
I love that chocolate soap, I wanted to take a bite of it too. I have it here at work in our bathroom, I have put a sign on the mirror that says "Not Edible" My hands feel so smooth after I use it, like I have lotion on!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!!

mcleodnaturals

Reaction score
I just received my package yesterday and I was totally impressed!! Being my first swap I wasn't sure what to include in my package, and I'm feeling a tad embarrassed at my piddly little massage bar! Sorry folks! :oops: :oops: :oops:

I haven't gotten to try anything out yet, but I did sniff everything and it all smells SO fantastic!

Can't wait to have a little time to myself to indulge! (ok, or with my hubby too, but with 3 little ones I have a better chance of a quick bath than a quick anything else! :shock: :? )

I'll post all my feedback soon!
Kelly :lol:

Bret

Reaction score
mcleodnaturals said:
I just received my package yesterday and I was totally impressed!! Being my first swap I wasn't sure what to include in my package, and I'm feeling a tad embarrassed at my piddly little massage bar! Sorry folks! :oops: :oops: :oops:
I love the massage bar! The smell and feel are incredible!

chrisinflorida

Reaction score
Bret: Tell your hubby he's welcome for the Twix bar.

To everyone who keeps trying to eat the chocolate soaps I sent: STOP IT!! YOU KNOW IT'S SOAP, NOT FOOD!
:D

I will update more as I try more of the swap items.

1. Dragonfly Princess = Eclectic Dragonfly
Can't wait to share this with my hubby. Dragonflies are his favorite animal.

WOW!! These are amazing. I love the chocolate scent and the purple coloring....wait...these are my own. He, he.
:D :D

4. Becky =
I love the bath salts, and the scent is very nice. This was my first time ever using bath salts, and I really enjoyed it.

5. Earthygirl = Earthy's Soapworks

Your soap is very nice. Very nice lather and it made my skin feel very soft. I loved the color. How did you do the layering? I really love that effect in soaps.

7. Pepperi27 = Moonstruck Magic
I really enjoy your soap. It lathers great and makes my skin feel nice and soft. I really like the hand and body lotion too. It smells great.

9. Soapmaker Man = The Bath Emporium
Paul: I couldn't believe how smooth my skin felt when using your soap. The lather is excellent and so silky smooth. I might just have to look into adding silk to my soaps in the future.

Chris

pepperi27

Reaction score
Earthygirl

Your soap is amazing! The scent is fantastic and lathers great! It doesn't even itch my skin at all. I didn't want to get out of the shower LOL

Bret

Reaction score
chrisinflorida said:
Your soap is very nice. Very nice lather and it made my skin feel very soft. I loved the color. How did you do the layering? I really love that effect in soaps.

Chris
Thanks! The layering was an accident.... it was going to be a swirl, but I haven't quite mastered that with M&P yet :)

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
Hey Bret, how is that wavy crinkle cutter working in the cutter now?

More reviews to follow as I/we use products! All are great! :D

Bret

Reaction score
Soapmaker Man said:
Hey Bret, how is that wavy crinkle cutter working in the cutter now?
At first glance, I didn't think it was going to work, because it looks EXACTLY like the one I have. But I tried it, and it fit. I looked at the metal part, and the wave on mine is tighter, if that makes sense. Yours is a bit flatter, so it fits! Yay!

Becky

Reaction score
My box is here!! Finally!! I think customs had a hard time deciding to send it on, rather than keep it :lol: :lol:

I'm seriously considering getting in the shower and not getting out until I've tried everything!!

Earthygirl - That fragrance is lovely, and the soap looks great.

Tabitha - I love that idea!! It tastes pretty good, too. DH just got home from a week away, so...hmmm...

Bret - the soap smells great. The box is awesome - did you make it yourself, or buy it? I love the stamp, that is so cute. The melt smells great, it's making me hungry right now!

Pepperi27 - Everything is beautiful, the fragrances are lovely. I am whining at DH right now - 'when are you going to finish the bathroom renovations so I can have a bath? Do it now!' Our bathtub has been sitting in my loungeroom for a year, need I say more...

Mcleod Naturals - I'm really looking forward to using this, I haven't tried a lotion bar before. It smells great.

Dragonfly - the little heart embeds are cute!! It all smells great.

ChrisinFlorida - the chocolate soap is killing me - I'm not supposed to have chocolate at the moment, and it smells sooo good!

Paul & Phyllis - the rose berry creme is awesome!! So is the rose soap. The soap sock is such a cool idea, I'm about to give it a try in 's-2minutes'
The soap holder is great - you do such great work!

AND...

I got my TOG mold!! :lol: :lol: You can't see me, but I am dancing right about now! And I am going to seriously hurt someone :twisted: if my supermarket doesn't hurry up and get lye back on the shelf - they are out and have been since the weekend :evil:

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
:lol: Your so funny Bec! :D So happy you love Phyllis' and my stuff, especially the TOG Soap Mold! Go get clean girl!! :lol:

Paul

Bret

Reaction score
Becky said:
Bret - the soap smells great. The box is awesome - did you make it yourself, or buy it? I love the stamp, that is so cute. The melt smells great, it's making me hungry right now!
The box is from a company... I'd have to look it up. I stamped/colored it myself.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
I am now making all the Soap Molds for Silver Dollar City's Amusement park in Branson, MO. They only make lard, lye soap and cook soap like they did in the 1880's over an open fire. She bought 4 of my large production molds and a souped up wire log/bar cutter. :D :D She makes 25 pound batches, 3 to 4 times per day, 120 bars each batch. I showed her your soap box Bret and she loved it and I kooked up and found a very similar one. They are going to buy 5000 at a time. I get to put a sign up at the area that says I make the soap molds SDC uses and the cutter for advertising. They sell a LOT of lye lard soap yearly! I know how much, and the number is staggering! I am sworn to secrecy. :roll:

Bret

Reaction score
Soapmaker Man said:
I am now making all the Soap Molds for Silver Dollar City's Amusement park in Branson, MO. They only make lard, lye soap and cook soap like they did in the 1880's over an open fire. She bought 4 of my large production molds and a souped up wire log/bar cutter. :D :D She makes 25 pound batches, 3 to 4 times per day, 120 bars each batch. I showed her your soap box Bret and she loved it and I kooked up and found a very similar one. They are going to buy 5000 at a time. I get to put a sign up at the area that says I make the soap molds SDC uses and the cutter for advertising. They sell a LOT of lye lard soap yearly! I know how much, and the number is staggering! I am sworn to secrecy. :roll:
Wow, that's a lot of soap if they are going to order 5000 at once! I checked and mine are from http://www.sunshinecontainer.com/

Latest posts