Using almond butter

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dianaabuela1

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how good it is to use almond butter and the right amount in a recipe? Thanks, I did one yesterday and add some honey and oatmeal powder that I did and was smelling like a chemical odor.
This morning I checked it and looks fine.

Oh no, I see nobody answered!
Do you want to use almond oil (liquid) like it says in the title or almond butter (ground almond spread) which it sounds like in the text.
Almond oil is nice in soap, but can be rather expensive depending on where you live (I'm not using it anymore for that reason)
I've never tried almond butter in soap and never read about somebody using it either, but I think it could be a really nice additive. Don't add too much because it could be a bit scratchy, but otherwise go for it!
How is the chemical odor of your oatmeal and honey soap? Is it still there or slowly going away with cure?

I think the feelings on almond butter are going to be about the same as peanut butter... most soapers get a little weirded out by it. That said... I have used peanut butter not as part of my oils, but as an additive, so I used about 1 TBSP per 600g of oils. As szaza commented, it's going to make for a scratchy soap if the almond butter isn't fully creamed (I've never used almond butter, so I'm not sure if it's like pb or not). You'll want to keep it to less is more for that additive.

Oh no, I see nobody answered!
Do you want to use almond oil (liquid) like it says in the title or almond butter (ground almond spread) which it sounds like in the text.
Almond oil is nice in soap, but can be rather expensive depending on where you live (I'm not using it anymore for that reason)
I've never tried almond butter in soap and never read about somebody using it either, but I think it could be a really nice additive. Don't add too much because it could be a bit scratchy, but otherwise go for it!
How is the chemical odor of your oatmeal and honey soap? Is it still there or slowly going away with cure?
The oatmeal I throughout smell so bad!!

Latest posts

Back