Using up some not so good soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTAnton

Reaction score
Awhile back I mentioned purchasing some falsely labelled pomace olive oil; 95% soy and the EVOO bottle waved over the soy oil like it was vermouth for a dry martini...
Anyway, there it all is in my curing room ..no DOS or anything like that but if you think Castile soap is slimy this one melts ...
Looking for suggestions on what I can do constructively with this batch(es) of soap...its 4 months old now...I can also say it was my first attempt at carrot as an additive and it is quite nice to look at...just thinking to put some in some Halloween soaps at a low percentage as confetti...the other not so hot batch is my attempt at an almond joy bar..also an attractive soap visually but quality wise nothing to write home about...
TIA
Soap on!

i feel your pain . i got duped with a brand as well , and i'm still fighting to find a way to use it. my mind telling me to make a bastile soap but that still leaves me with trying to get rid of the bars ..... so i know the pain. i also plan to mix it in with a few of my OO recipes in small amounts until its used up .
Btw : i see nothing wrong with your soap being a halloween treat .

Or Salad Shooter (vegetable peeler, whatever) the stuff and use it as the soap base for laundry soap. If it melts easily, it'll melt easily in the washing machine.

Soy/olive is really much better for lightly soiled or delicate loads.

Shred it, and make 'confetti' soap where the base recipe has complementing properties. You did not say what else is in your soy/olive oil. From what you wrote, it seems like a base with mostly hard oils would complement it. Then your soap has the mixed or average properties of the two recipes.

Confetti or embeds are way to go.
I had 1kg batch of OHM turned out smelling like play dough.
I've been grating it and using it up in my vanilla/sandalwood bars for a while now. As long as there is no DOS or anything odd going on with your old soaps, they are fine to reuse.

Back