Using up soap scraps for embeds, and yet another lard soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seawolfe

Reaction score
So I made another lard soap because we love it and the local shop has these huge blocks of in on styrofoam all white and pretty. I tried to take a pic last time we were there, but they were sold out because tamale season.

Though I got a little out of hand because I decided to fill up my 2 lb mold and my 4 lb mold and was actually a little short on lard, so this batch got some olive oil in it too. So this batch was 60% lard, 20% Olive oil, 15 % coconut and 5% castor, 5% superfat and full water.

The plan was to use up about half a pound of soap scraps I had lying about from trimmings. Some of them were perhaps a year old - so after chopping them up I dunked them in warm water for a couple seconds and then let them drain to soften them up a bit.

This was my first time with a new batch of indigo, and my 3/4 tsp per lb of soap should have given more of a blue, but I got this jade color - which is actually ok because it goes with the scent really well.

The EO's were even parts Frankincense, Fir needle, Grapefruit, Tangerine 5X and Listea cubeba. Its a really nice outdoorsy gender neutral fresh scent. Pity I missed making it for the holidays... I hope the bentonite clay I added helps with holding the scent.

green lard embed soap.jpg

Latest posts

Back