Using sugar frosting soap in bath

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

regansoap

Reaction score
I have been wondering if it is good or safe to use those fancy cupcake soaps with what is ostensibly icing sugar on top!!! I have watched loads of videos even the goddess soap queen has one.
Surely it is not good to sit in a bath using sugar which cough cough will be going on your lady bits. If one of you brainiacs could clear this up for me - kind of feel the Sam about sugar scrubs with sugary water dribbling down there.

I've not made or used the cupcakes soaps with icing sugar as I just use CP for the frosting. However, I use sugar scrub quite frequently and have had not adverse issues with it even with it going on the lady parts. I would thing the icing sugar would melt rather quickly though or just pull off before using.

I also only take showers not baths so not sure about soaking in it.

Last edited:
I think regan is talking about the bath bomb cupcakes that they make with sugar. I read that there was a substitute in the comments section of the BB video for the icing/confectioners/powdered sugar.

I'd be concerned to use it myself b/c I'm very sensitive to any imbalance down there. However, some people use it with no problems at all. At least that's what I've read.

ETA: looks like some people are using powdered milk and a little SLSA as a substitute. I don't know what ratios or anything like that.

Last edited:
Many years ago when my grammy was in a Home she was treated with sugar solutions to help heal bed sores. She acquired horrific bed sores in another home she was in. You are also diluting it down in a lot of water. Our frosting recipe is mostly meringue (egg whites)

Last edited:
Back