Using sugar frosting soap in bath

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

regansoap

Reaction score
I have been wondering if it is good or safe to use those fancy cupcake soaps with what is ostensibly icing sugar on top!!! I have watched loads of videos even the goddess soap queen has one.
Surely it is not good to sit in a bath using sugar which cough cough will be going on your lady bits. If one of you brainiacs could clear this up for me - kind of feel the Sam about sugar scrubs with sugary water dribbling down there.

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I've not made or used the cupcakes soaps with icing sugar as I just use CP for the frosting. However, I use sugar scrub quite frequently and have had not adverse issues with it even with it going on the lady parts. I would thing the icing sugar would melt rather quickly though or just pull off before using.

I also only take showers not baths so not sure about soaking in it.

Last edited:

galaxyMLP

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think regan is talking about the bath bomb cupcakes that they make with sugar. I read that there was a substitute in the comments section of the BB video for the icing/confectioners/powdered sugar.

I'd be concerned to use it myself b/c I'm very sensitive to any imbalance down there. However, some people use it with no problems at all. At least that's what I've read.

ETA: looks like some people are using powdered milk and a little SLSA as a substitute. I don't know what ratios or anything like that.

Last edited:

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many years ago when my grammy was in a Home she was treated with sugar solutions to help heal bed sores. She acquired horrific bed sores in another home she was in. You are also diluting it down in a lot of water. Our frosting recipe is mostly meringue (egg whites)

Last edited:

Latest posts