Using Sports Teams' Names?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sagebrush

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows the legal side to labeling a soap with an NFL team name? I have a soap I made with Seahawks' colors and I want to sell it, but I'm not sure how to label it. Do I have to come up with a clever name that's obviously representing the team or can I put "Seahawks" on the label somewhere? I also use a recycled paper cigar band for my packaging...could I use a Seahawks sticker to secure it?
Thanks in advance for any help!

I'd bet all my essential oils that you cant, their logo and name are trademarked.
Now, it may be possible that you can get their permission or a license perhaps? Contact them and see?

I'd bet all my essential oils that you cant, their logo and name are trademarked.
Now, it may be possible that you can get their permission or a license perhaps? Contact them and see?

Hm...that's what I was thinking. I just looked it up and there's an NFL licensing hotline to call. I don't know if I want to bother. May I'll just call it "Touchdown" soap or something :)

Back