Using sea water

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrayGrants

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has tried using real sea water, like from the ocean to make soap. I know people use faux sea water but I got someone bringing me the genuine article, and was curious how to go about using, storing it, etc. Just let me know please and Thanks!!!

I was wondering if anyone here has tried using real sea water, like from the ocean to make soap. I know people use faux sea water but I got someone bringing me the genuine article, and was curious how to go about using, storing it, etc. Just let me know please and Thanks!!!
Yes, I use it in several of my soaps. I do filter it through a coffee filter. As far as storage well I generally don't keep it very long as I live close enough to camp to go get some whenever I need it, but I'd keep it in a cool place or refrigerator.

Yup. Filter through coffee filter and then boil. Freeze into baggies. One of the many advantages of living in NZ is that you are never more than a two hour drive to the ocean. In my case it's about 40 minutes.
Hello,
I’m going on a beach vacation and going to make seawater soap! (Husband is so excited to bring extra stuff) I’m reading to boil and strain it. Can I use this for any soap recipe, or best in ZNSC? What properties does sea water bring to the soap? And do you use 100% water replacement? Thank you! 😊

Back