Using sea water

Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums

Help Support Soapmaking Forum - Soap & Candle Forums:

FrayGrants

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has tried using real sea water, like from the ocean to make soap. I know people use faux sea water but I got someone bringing me the genuine article, and was curious how to go about using, storing it, etc. Just let me know please and Thanks!!!

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Kiwimoose in another thread.
and Misschief

jabrowland

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here has tried using real sea water, like from the ocean to make soap. I know people use faux sea water but I got someone bringing me the genuine article, and was curious how to go about using, storing it, etc. Just let me know please and Thanks!!!
Yes, I use it in several of my soaps. I do filter it through a coffee filter. As far as storage well I generally don't keep it very long as I live close enough to camp to go get some whenever I need it, but I'd keep it in a cool place or refrigerator.

FrayGrants

Reaction score
I wanted to use my sea water with this recipe.

Check out the revised one near the bottom of the thread and let me know what you all think. Thanks!!!

Reaction score
I wanted to use my sea water with this recipe.

Check out the revised one near the bottom of the thread and let me know what you all think. Thanks!!!
Do it! :)