using ravensara essential oil in lotion bars?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Soap peeps,
I recently got an awesome gift of ravensara essential oil which I've never heard of and, Lord, it is wonderful, intoxicating, and transporting to exotic places! I searched this forum and Google but found little on usage rates. In general, when I make lotion bars I use essential oil at 1% of oil weight (eocalc in general uses 1% also). So I did 1% in my lotion bars (1/3 each of beeswax, jojoba oil, and mango butter) -- but the scent is very faint to none at all. Hit me up if you have a recommendation. Everything I read is that it's good for skin and hair so I'm thinking of re-melting the batch and upping it to 2 to 3%.

Soap peeps,
I recently got an awesome gift of ravensara essential oil which I've never heard of and, Lord, it is wonderful, intoxicating, and transporting to exotic places! I searched this forum and Google but found little on usage rates. In general, when I make lotion bars I use essential oil at 1% of oil weight (eocalc in general uses 1% also). So I did 1% in my lotion bars (1/3 each of beeswax, jojoba oil, and mango butter) -- but the scent is very faint to none at all. Hit me up if you have a recommendation. Everything I read is that it's good for skin and hair so I'm thinking of re-melting the batch and upping it to 2 to 3%.
Hi. I often consult edenbotanicals for "blends well with."
From Edenbotanicals.com for this EO:
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Laurel Leaf, Lavender, Lemon, Mandarin, Marjoram (sweet), Palmarosa, Pine, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Tea Tree, Thyme.
Maximum dermal use level of 0.4% is recommended by the IFRA.
https://www.edenbotanicals.com/ravintsara.html

My only association with Ravensara EO is medicinal/therapeutic. For one thing, it relieves the pain & irritation of shingles which is where I first learned about it. It's an awesome essential oil in the natural healing community -- on a par with Tea Tree. It has many applications -- physical, emotional and psychological.

Hi. I often consult edenbotanicals for "blends well with."
From Edenbotanicals.com for this EO:
Blends Well With: Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Clary Sage, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Laurel Leaf, Lavender, Lemon, Mandarin, Marjoram (sweet), Palmarosa, Pine, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Tea Tree, Thyme.
Maximum dermal use level of 0.4% is recommended by the IFRA.
https://www.edenbotanicals.com/ravintsara.html
Thanks, and thanks to @Zany_in_CO . I love this scent -- but that 0.4% thang! I ended up putting it in a diffuser and then added it to a box of bath/body ingredients on my local Buy Nothing group.

Back