Using Powdered Extracts in Lotions?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evanescentowl

Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster, long time lurker!

Been getting into make body products during quarantine... unfortunately because said quarantine, certain ingredients I use are either hard to find or really expensive.

Found a local place (voyageurs) that offers powdered extracts of all sorts. Trying to work out how much of the powder extracts I can use by % in a lotion formula compared to standard liquid extracts. The extracts are either 12:1 or 10:1 strength.

Having trouble finding information about it. New Directions states to not use more than 0.5% in a formulation for their fruit extracts. But I am working with herbs, not fruit. Also not sure if they mean per type of extract or total combined. Trying to work out how I can use chamomile and calendula powder together in the same formula without making the percentages teeny weeny.

Anyway, any advice or experience people have about working with powdered extract in lotion before I hit the buy button, would be glad to hear it! :)

Latest posts

Back