Using Nut Milks in Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clarice

We are one...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using the plant / nut milks that are now plentiful in soaps?

Cashew Milk
Hemp Milk
Almond Milk

etc etc etc?

Curious how they respond

For you sellers out there - I am guessing if you jumped on this train - especially with hemp milk you would see a positive reaction!

AND I may be "so last week" as to be laughable!

Last edited:
I make my own cashew milk for coffee creamer and half n half substitute but I don’t strain it and even when you strain it there is some minute lumpies or sediment. Haven’t tried it in soap. I use canned coconut milk in almost all my soaps. I like how it whitens my batter. Maybe I’ll make a mini batch with my cashew milk next week unless someone else has something to report.

I have used various grain, vegetable and nut milks in soap. There is really no difference in how they perform during the soapmaking process from any other liquid, other than there is no sour milk smell in the finished soap, and the sugar content can vary, which can affect both a lye solution and a finished soap.

I don't sell, so cannot address that questions.

As far as a real benefit in using various liquid substitutes, I cannot say I have found any that made me feel that the soap was much more exceptional than any other, except for the rose petal-infused oil that I made and used in some soap. But that was probably more about my mind's power of suggestion than anything tangible.

Latest posts

Back