Using natural colours

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RusticUrban

Reaction score
A few new soaps i have added to my range. The blue is coloured with indigo powder and the purple is alkanet powder.

I used the infusion method and let it sit for a few weeks, then added to the base oils before the lye. The lighter section was some TD added in.

Attachments

• 20221221_081543.jpg
    20221221_081543.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20221219_095629.jpg
    20221219_095629.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I especially love that blue one! 🥰

Alkanet has always been so fickle for me, often more brown than purple. The gold top goes very well with it!

Absolutely beautiful. I got some indigo powder for Christmas and have been trying to decide what method of coloring I want to use, so it's great to see the color infusion can achieve.

I've been wanting to try infusing indigo powder into OO! May I ask, how much powder to oil did you use?
I added 1/4 indigo powder to 3/4 OO, infused for 2 weeks, shaking every day, then when making it i used 250ml of the OO in a 2kg batch. The bubbles are blue when using, but it doesn't stain anything.

I especially love that blue one! 🥰

Alkanet has always been so fickle for me, often more brown than purple. The gold top goes very well with it!
☺ thanks

I used alkanet from a different supplier and always had a brown colour, I used a new supplier and its more on the purple scale. I use the same method as well.

Back